With Claymore Mechanical Keyboard, Asus Mightily Swipes At Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacebro

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
I always wanted a keyboard with the numpad on the left. With the numpad on the right, the hand to mouse distance is much greater. It does not make sense why the numpad is traditionally on the right.

Well it will all come down to the pricing. I would love a mechanical keyboard with LED lighting, but these types of keyboards are usually in the >$150 price range. Most people aren't usually willing to spend that kind of $ on just the keyboard, but these types of keyboards aren't usually marketed to the average user either. I like the idea of adding the 10 key in later, if you so desire. I personally don't use the 10 key part of a keyboard, but I don't do a lot of number entries when I'm on a computer at work or even at home. So this option of adding one in (my wife likes a 10 key) is great if you have different users with different requirements. I also don't use my desktop much any more, so I'm not as inclined to worry about all of these options.

spacebro

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016

People spend thousands of dollars on a computer, but $150 is too much for the primary input device? I don't think people spend enough. All keyboards seem to be cheap and plastic with keys that wobble because they do not have tight tolerances. Other things that have a key interface feel nice to touch, like the pearl keys on a professional woodwind instrument, or a fine typewriter. Maybe people will start making quality keyboards once other computer advances slow down more.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Yes. It's too much. I am still rocking the keyboard that came with my eMachines PC in ca. 2001. As the primary input device, it enters keystrokes just as well as any mechanical keyboard out there. You are paying extra for a sensory preference. Not everyone puts that much value on it.

But I guess since you qualified for people who spend thousands on their PCs, $150 is not as bad in comparison.

mike7332

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
The design is the Aztec style engraving that is on other Asus products. My Asus monitor has it on the base and this will match it perfectly so i don't think it's a risk at all they've been doing it a while.

Defekter_Engel

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Not impressed by this, or many of the other keyboards being touted anymore. RGB this, customizable that, interchangable others....

It's a keyboard. Function > form.

Status
Not open for further replies.