Hello forum :

First of all my pc specs

Cpu : i5 7400
Gpu : Gtx 1050 ti
Ram : 2x8 gib crucial dimm 3200mhz

So yesterday I reinstalled my windows 10
To check if my system is working fine I used msi afterburner to
First : look at all the temps and stats to make sure there are no issues
Second: run a benchmark to see my fps , than I compare it to benchmark in the internet with similar pc to make sure I get the fps I should get

Yesterday I did 4 benchmarks of deathmatch in Cs Go (map always dust 2, game was full with players)
So i Benchmarked a 10 Minute deathmatch of Cs Go 4 times
(Besides the benchmarking I was playing normally)

My problem is the following :

First Benchmark Gave me average fps 232 , the second only 217, the third only 213
And the fourth again 225.

At all 4 benchmarks the temperature and clock of all components stayed the same
(Temps were good , nothing over 60 degrees)
AND OF COURSE I DID NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS BETWEEN THE BENCHMARK

But why are my results than so different ?
Can someone explain this to me ?

Solution
Adding to what others wrote already, benchmarking is a really difficult art that requires lots, and lots of work and preparations. Many things to keep in consideration, from consistent electrical supply, PC components, room temperature, Windows updates (Windows 10 may be updating in the background without warning), windows apps runing in the background eating part of your CPU power and RAM, antivirus, etc.

When you use a bnehcmark thats is not scripted, and you basically move around doing diferent stuff youre introducing even more factors to take in consideration. If theres alaso other real players gaming at the same time then that another huge amount of factores to add to the already difficult task.

Now since you did 4 runs, I also...
There's a reason why the majority of review sites who perform benchmarks for components tend not to use online games in their benchmarking suites: too many uncontrollable variables. How many other players were on the map? What were they doing? What was going on on-screen at the time? Were off-screen calculations the same in all runs?

The idea of a benchmark is it's identical and repeatable. And unfortunately an online game like CSGO doesn't provide this sort of test environment. What you have found are variations of your experience.

Of course this is just my understanding and opinion, both of which could be wrong....

Reactions: RodroX
Sep 19, 2019
So it’s nothing to be conserned about ?
These differences are normal and no problem ?

But if I use a benchmark map ? This would solve the issue with online scenarios cause with benchmark maps there’s a set process everytime

Am i Right ?

Adding to what others wrote already, benchmarking is a really difficult art that requires lots, and lots of work and preparations. Many things to keep in consideration, from consistent electrical supply, PC components, room temperature, Windows updates (Windows 10 may be updating in the background without warning), windows apps runing in the background eating part of your CPU power and RAM, antivirus, etc.

When you use a bnehcmark thats is not scripted, and you basically move around doing diferent stuff youre introducing even more factors to take in consideration. If theres alaso other real players gaming at the same time then that another huge amount of factores to add to the already difficult task.

Now since you did 4 runs, I also believe the results you got are perfectly fine.

Best run -----------------> 232 FPS (avg.)
Best 2nd run ------------> 225 FPS (avg.)
Best 3rd run ------------> 217 FPS (avg.)
Worst run ---------------> 213 FPS (avg.)

The avg FPS from all 4 runs is: 222 FPS (give or take). Thats only a 4.5% from the best run and only 4.2% up from the worst run. Since this numbers were from benchmarking with real people playing the same matches than you, and taking diferent choices, I trully believe that your results are basically perfect and very consistent.

Solution
Sep 19, 2019
is a benchmark map where you run automatically the same parkour better ?
It would get rid of the causalities , am I right ?

(Benchmark map works offline as workshop map)