Question Without Aorus What to get

Jul 30, 2020
I was big on getting the Gigabyte Aorus but my two retailers say they haven't even got a chance to pre-order it much less disclose a price.

The only card I can buy today is the Gigabyte Eagle for 720 euros but I just can't get into it... For 700 I'd rather cough up an extra 80 to get a card that looks nice too, plus RGB has better resell

That being said I can get the MSI Gaming X for 800 or the Stryx for 850...any thoughts between the two? I have an Asus MB and had a 970 Stryx for years but having recently upgraded to a MSI Ventus, I really like the product, it's so silent even on an 2000 overclock at 90% + load for hours

Finally I game in 4k but only have a 5820k to 4.4ghz should I be okay? I know 1080 and 2k Wil blow but as a flight simmer I just want 3k 60fps accross the board on my games especially as flight sim now can unload extra detailed scenery

Update
I can get the ZOTAC Gaming Trinity for 730 delivered Monday but never had a ZOTAC product

Last edited:

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Are you talking about RTX3080s?

There's not enough reviews of custom cards yet - they are too hard to find. But Founders Editions are reviewed.
The Asus Tuf seems pretty good. There's a galax SG review.
I'm hoping for a roundup - comparison, but I doubt I'll see that till 2021.