WMC cannot play video

Stamina1914

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
2 days ago I tried to watch Batman on my HTPC. I was ripped from blue ray using MKV and I have the LAV codecs installed, It used to play all the time, but this time it did not. Along with DNK and 300. Someone suggested to me that these are all VC-1 movies and that might be the issue, but I had other VC-1 movies play.

The error message was:

"WMC can not find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is the file the file does not exist at the specified location or the cpu where the file is stored is offline"

So it would be safe for me to assume that somehow some setting was changed, but I can not for the life of me figure out when and how a setting could have changed. I did add an extender recently to my network, I thought that may have been the problem, but I deleted it but same issue.

Does anyone have any advice. Thanks

Stamina1914

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Sorry buddy, I am novice when it comes to CPU with this HTPC I am learning new things everyday. What is VLC and how can I try it. But a network issue? Really? I can't recall changing anything to it.

The other changed that I made, but I can not say whether this affected anything was I added the ceton infintv4 to my build. It was the PCI version. I didn't try to play batman right before the addition it so I don't know if this affected anything. I did have to change my dynamic enhancer to stop the flickering on my premium channels, but I changed it back as a test to see if this was the issue, but still nothing.

As far was browsing through the file yes, I can. As a matter of fact I remember trying to play the movie directly in the explorer setting, it played for a split second and then stopped. I can not remember now what the error message was.

Stamina1914

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Downloaded this and it works, but I want my files to play in Media Center like it used to a few weeks ago. Now I now that the file can be played in VLC, I know that the file is not the problem. Any other tips?

Thanks