WMP 10 stopped displaying video

I was working with Windows Media Encoder 9, simultaneously had WMP 10 up.
They do not work together, but having them both active has not before caused
an irreparable problem.
However, WMP 10 has stopped displaying video, although the streaming
indicator does display the appropriate bitrate. The files I've created have
all within the past day played flawlessly with WMP 10; now video is a black
screen, although audio is present.

Rebooting does not help.

QT still plays .mov and .dv files.

I suspect there's some kind of a resource lock, but I don't know where to
look.
???

"Robert Morein" <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I was working with Windows Media Encoder 9, simultaneously had WMP 10 up.
> They do not work together, but having them both active has not before
caused
> an irreparable problem.
> However, WMP 10 has stopped displaying video, although the streaming
> indicator does display the appropriate bitrate. The files I've created
have
> all within the past day played flawlessly with WMP 10; now video is a
black
> screen, although audio is present.
>
> Rebooting does not help.

I've figured out a little more now.
If the folder containing the wmv files is renamed or moved, it damages WMP
10 in some way.
Restoring the folder to the original name/place does not fix it.
Reinstalling WMP 10 does fix the problem.
I guess I'll have to deliver on QT.