Wmp wont play WMV files

Stephen

For some reason my windows media player errors everytime i try to watch a
..wma or .wmv video. Every other type of video files works (.avi, mpg, etc.)
I have other media players (such as BS player) and .wmv vidoes work fine on
it. The problem is everytime i open a website with a .wmv playing the
website errors because WMP wont play them. It is really frustrating. This
started on WMP9 and still doesnt work when i upgraded to 10. Does anyone know
how to fix this or what is wrong?

Will wmp play wmv files that are stored on your hard
drive?

Has wmp ever been able to play wmv files?

WC

Stephen

Yes WMP use to play them, but all of a sudden stopped one day and i dont know
why. No it will not play the ones stored on my hard drive.

"wiley c" wrote:

> Will wmp play wmv files that are stored on your hard
> drive?
>
> Has wmp ever been able to play wmv files?
>
> WC

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Download and install Windows Media Encoder.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason my windows media player errors everytime i try to watch a
> .wma or .wmv video. Every other type of video files works (.avi, mpg,
> etc.)
> I have other media players (such as BS player) and .wmv vidoes work fine
> on
> it. The problem is everytime i open a website with a .wmv playing the
> website errors because WMP wont play them. It is really frustrating. This
> started on WMP9 and still doesnt work when i upgraded to 10. Does anyone
> know
> how to fix this or what is wrong?

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

A good way to fix media player problems is to install another related
utility: Windows Media Encoder.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

Please report back success or failure so that other can learn from your
experience.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker