Woke up to spillage on motherboard, seeking help

HeLLz

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
So I have a terrible situation ladies and gentlemen... I fell asleep for a few hours to wake up to half a Canada Dry can spilled onto my PC thanks to my puppy. I've taken the hardware out (ram, gpu), reset the ccoms by going from 1&2 to 2&3 for 10 minutes, and still no display or beeps out of the motherboard. It will boot up it seems, fans and lights running, but no start up on the screen or what not. I've been cleaning my motherboard with alcohol and am awaiting for it to dry before doing anything. Suggestions from anyone? My motherboard is an Asus sabertooth x79. Disclaimer it was on the entire time I was sleeping

Solution
i would take it all apart (remove CMOS battery, remove CPU, cover socket with the plastic bit), wash it in hot/warm water with a soft brush, shake it dry / let the water run off, and pop it in the oven for a few hours at 150F or so. i've done that to quite a few boards (8hr bake). none are dead.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
i would take it all apart (remove CMOS battery, remove CPU, cover socket with the plastic bit), wash it in hot/warm water with a soft brush, shake it dry / let the water run off, and pop it in the oven for a few hours at 150F or so. i've done that to quite a few boards (8hr bake). none are dead.

Solution