Question WOL not working

Feb 19, 2023
so today I wanted to enable the wol option on my pc with msi motherboard and I found that option on bios but when I enabled it and made my pc sleep it waked up instantly on its own without me doing any thing, and every time I sleep the pc it wakes up fast
my pc in windows 10 with msi mother board.
but when I disable the wol option everything comeback normal. and I don't know what to do so is there any help u can offer please.
thank you for you're patient.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just to be sure, you are talking about Wake On LAN, correct?

As you are probably familiar with, this allows the PC to wake any time another local computer queries. If, for instance, you are sharing a printer, or a drive, folder in your shared network, and another computer in the house looks for it, the PC is supposed to wake.

I find that the work PC in our office which has a shared drive on the local network wakes up almost any time another PC is turned on, or any time I navigate to any (other) network drive as well. In order to avoid the latency that comes of waiting for it to come up from sleep (which is often an error screen from the PC you are working on about unavailable) I just set that machine to always be on. Only thing I set to turn off are the screens.

Feb 19, 2023
Just to be sure, you are talking about Wake On LAN, correct?

As you are probably familiar with, this allows the PC to wake any time another local computer queries. If, for instance, you are sharing a printer, or a drive, folder in your shared network, and another computer in the house looks for it, the PC is supposed to wake.

I find that the work PC in our office which has a shared drive on the local network wakes up almost any time another PC is turned on, or any time I navigate to any (other) network drive as well. In order to avoid the latency that comes of waiting for it to come up from sleep (which is often an error screen from the PC you are working on about unavailable) I just set that machine to always be on. Only thing I set to turn off are the screens.
nope nothing is opened I checked every thing and closed it and still nothing