WOL on 3G (iphone)

Apr 13, 2018
Hallo there :)

I try to work on WOL, and it works when I do it on same network, but not able to turn on the computer through 3G or if I am on another computer.

I have tried portforwarding, and I put the port on 9, and the ip to the computer.
but it doesnt work. If anyone who can help me, I am willing to pay for it.

I have teamviewer, if someone can login and see if they can help me?
please mail me to: [don't post your email address on the forum] or u can write it here.

thanks

Solution
There is no such thing as wake on WAN. To make this work the machine sending the data needs to be on the same lan. Although you will see applications that claim you can make this work via port forwarding it will only partially work. WoL uses mac addresses not IP addresses so anything you see doing that is dependent on the router knowing the mac associated with the ip. The router has a ARP table that does this but it will timeout after 15 minutes.

Your best option is to get a router that supports this. You can remotely get into the router and ask it to send the WoL packet on the lan.
There is no such thing as wake on WAN. To make this work the machine sending the data needs to be on the same lan. Although you will see applications that claim you can make this work via port forwarding it will only partially work. WoL uses mac addresses not IP addresses so anything you see doing that is dependent on the router knowing the mac associated with the ip. The router has a ARP table that does this but it will timeout after 15 minutes.

Your best option is to get a router that supports this. You can remotely get into the router and ask it to send the WoL packet on the lan.

Solution

Whats the issue with DHCP address reservations that include the MAC address on a router or firewall? Wouldn't there always be an entry in the ARP table?

TRENDING THREADS