'Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus' Update Improves Stability On Nvidia 10-Series GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuhndj67

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
Patch and Vault don't seem to be related... but the way the article was written it sort of appeared they were. Vault appears to have the combat sim stuff that has cloud content (leaderboard...), I wonder if they delayed that content so they could get the backend infrastructure in place to support it. Like most games today they were probably down to the wire just getting the base game 'done' (if any new release can be considered done these days).

Massive downvotes/not recommended ratings on Steam. Most complaints revolved around crashes. However, as of the patch some of those initial downthumb reviewers have stated that upgrading their GPU drivers for this game has fixed their crashing issue (the ones I saw did not say if they were using an Nvidia or AMD GPU nor what series GPU). I'll wait until those goes on sale on Steam for $19.99 next year. I'm not paying $60 for this broken game up front.

At some point, we as consumers MUST stop supporting rush releases. This keeps happening year after year. I think it's related to the console versions being fine and the backporting to PC being the issue. The developer and publisher don't want to hold up a release of a game just because of a PC port problem and they just release all versions for quick ROI sales.

jaexyr

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I don't know where to begin with my complaints. However, regarding the headline, I had no issue with my 1080 on the release date. Only after their first fix for AMD issues did the game require a driver update. Game never crashed once on my system. Sound presets were indistinguishable and the guns need more emphasis. Odd Music. I was disappointed at how beautiful the visuals were, yet the game was absolutely dry. Anticlimactic. Moments and opportunities to make the game/story interesting... and IMO felt more like a chore to get through. Random ammo and pickups EVERYWHERE... like seriously, don't bother trying to be conservative or stealthy, just shoot everything.

Lasselundberg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i preordered the game and im done with it....i have a 3770K 32gb ram 1070 ...(and 680ti+980ti thats mining in the background)....i have had zero crashes and i played from day one. however game will crash if you tab out to do something else....but thats it...there have been a few graphical mistakes in the game like white/black squares or shadows extending weird, but not enough to ruin the game.....what bugged me was when characters talk, the movement of their mouths is just garbage...

Lasselundberg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ahh the hidden stuff....i hated them too, its used to extend the time it takes to complete the game, dont know if finding it all gets you something other than an achievement which i dont care about

dstarr3

Distinguished
Can also vouch, I played it in its entirety on launch weekend, had zero problems running it. Running on ultra, solid 60fps the whole time. Indistinguishable from a perfectly polished piece of software for me. 980 Ti and 4790k.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I didn't have any issues before this patch, now I have input lag which is frustrating and makes the game un-enjoyable.

i5 4690K
GTX 1080ti

king3pj

Distinguished

Like you mentioned I think many of the problems came from people not updating their drivers. It sucks that a game would have so many problems without the game ready drivers but I think I remember Doom having issues with older drivers too. Might have something to do with the game running on Vulkan instead of DX11 or DX12. Both AMD and Nvidia were quick to put out drivers specifically for this game and I really think many of the problems people are seeing would be solved if they just updated their drivers.

I'm running an i5-4690k and 1070 and getting about 130-135 FPS on Ultra settings with my 2560x1440 144Hz gsync monitor. The game runs and looks great and I haven't experienced a single crash or noticeable bug during gameplay. I did have one crash the first time I changed resolution from 1080p to 1440p but since then everything has been fine.

king3pj

Distinguished

Yes. There are two graphics presets above Ultra. They have Uber and Mein Leben with more intense lighting and shadows. I guess pretty much everything else is the same as Ultra but those two higher quality settings have a pretty huge impact on performance. That's why I am playing on Ultra to get closer to the 144Hz refresh rate of my monitor.

They also have the normal settings presets at low, medium, and high so there is a pretty wide gamut of quality settings to pick from.

Edit: I haven't seen benchmarks from professional sites running with Ultra settings. They all seem to be maxing everything out with Mein Leben settings. That's understandable since most benchmarks are done at the highest settings but that is where the discrepancy between my numbers and theirs comes from.

Yeah I saw a few on Youtube, but as always, I take those with a grain of salt s there is no way to truly validate what their hardware settings and game settings are. You can make up anything on the internet of course. The fact that Mein leben! takes such a big hit on frames reminds me of Witcher 3 and Nvidia's Hair Works.

Jake Hall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
I don't know where to begin with my complaints. However, regarding the headline, I had no issue with my 1080 on the release date. Only after their first fix for AMD issues did the game require a driver update. Game never crashed once on my system. Sound presets were indistinguishable and the guns need more emphasis. Odd Music. I was disappointed at how beautiful the visuals were, yet the game was absolutely dry. Anticlimactic. Moments and opportunities to make the game/story interesting... and IMO felt more like a chore to get through. Random ammo and pickups EVERYWHERE... like seriously, don't bother trying to be conservative or stealthy, just shoot everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.