Woman Pays $200 For iPad, Receives Mirror Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
hahhaha as much as i'd love to blame Apple, dumb people will always be dump. What would you expect from "Jalonta", through it sounds the second women was happier "receiving WOOD instead"

seriousgamer

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Arent Ipads basically mirrors. Except they add "Iphoto booth' or what ever the heck its called and charge you an arm and a leg for it so you can take pictures of yourself being an idiot. (Not ripping on all IPad Owners out their and yes ive used an IPad before)

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Isn't this content for the supermarket tabloid? Not sure why this person allowed herself to be photographed and named in the article. Stupidity is embarrassing.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
"a South Carolina woman paid $180 for what she thought was an iPad in a McDonald's parking lot last year -- she received wood instead."
:If you know what I mean:

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Naturally, the woman jumped on the chance to grab a bargain.

Americans became more stupid every day! Naturally - you check for defects everything you buy outside store... in a year or so they will sell a kid(ney) to buy a new ishit!

G

typical "the real hustle". there will be ALWAYS someone who will fall for this trick. too sad.
watch more "the real hustle" people!

slayer257

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]Americans became more stupid every day! Naturally - you check for defects everything you buy outside store... in a year or so they will sell a kid(ney) to buy a new ishit![/citation]

I believe the proper English would be become more stupid, but hey I'm only an American. At least our we don't forget our kids at the pub like a certain prime minister, just run "political smear campaigns....."

This is an old post. News has gotten shabby around here lately. Morale of the story is turn it on before you buy it.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]hahhaha as much as i'd love to blame Apple, dumb people will always be dump. What would you expect from "Jalonta", through it sounds the second women was happier "receiving WOOD instead"[/citation]

Just had to make it about race didn't you, and you found 3 other racists who agree with you I see. Maybe you should proof read your own comment; as you don't sound all that smart yourself. Was it a stupid thing to do, yes; but don't make it about race.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
She deserved it for trying to by a Crapple product. Also a mirror is probably more useful than an Apple Max-iPad.

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
yeah this story's been up for a few weeks now. you know what's news? valve's steam linux release. serious tech/computer news and i haven't seen anything about it here.

tom's, your only saving grace nowadays is literally just your charts...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
stranger walks up to you offering you a very expensive thing for very cheap. do you just give them money, or do you ask to try to thing out first. naturally this dumb person did what a dumb person would do. deserved to get conned.

Alphi

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
no no its not a mirror, someone just left the front facing camera on.. now please call this number and apple customer service will show you how to work the device ;) oh what you don't have tech support? that will be $5 a minute.... *thirty minutes later* "hello? yes this is apple technical support.. what? you cant turn the camera off on your ipad?.. hmm can you please look closer at the screen and show me what its saying, what? there's nothing written on the screen? just look a little closer.. see that big round thing in the middle of the screen? yes that's right the thing that looks like a face... take a closer look at it.. do you see the problem now? no? still cant see the problem? ok let me spell it out for you.. you have been infected with the SUCKER virus.. you will need to send the device back to us and pay $100 to have the virus removed and have some antivirus software installed. This is because you bought the device on the grey market and it is not under warranty. OK I am going to log this as an out of warranty support call.. your job number is #123SUCKER. Now may I have your credit card details ma'am? that's right we cannot process the job until payment has been received. OK thank you for your credit card details the job should take approximately 2 weeks from when we receive the device. We will send you notification when the device has been cleaned and tested and provided you with tracking information.... may we please have your home address and email for verification. OK thankyou ma'am.. now is there anything else I can do for you? ok no problems.. have a nice day... *hangs up*"

Status
Not open for further replies.