Question Wonder if this fits...

Jul 30, 2019
the issue will be the case size. that is a long card, as long as the motherboard is wide.
the card and motherboard will work together as if they were made for each other if you can shoehorn it in to your chassis

this is the case i'll be using, so you are sayin these two go well together without an issue?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Jul 30, 2019
from the Fractal site
https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/meshify/meshify-c
Max 315mm with front fan mounted

you should have 15mm clearance. card is 300mm long

they were made to the same specs, the PCIe specs they are both built to means they will work together, hence my remark, in that regard they are made to work with each other.

Sorry i don't really understand you, are you saying the GPU im using is too large for the case?

Jul 30, 2019
no it will fit barely with no fan in front of it. you will have 15mm clearance once it is installed.
card 300mm will fit into the 315mm the case has.
sorry for confusion
it will fit with 1.5cm (15mm) to spare

Oh okay, so the card is fine, it will fit the motherboard and the case, i will just have 1.5cm of space left.

Would you say the processor is a good choice for this type of gpu for a locked motherboard

Jul 30, 2019
its a locked CPU. why pay for features you cannot use? getting overclocking features on the motherboard will cost and the CPU cannot use it if you did. great choice.
enjoy

I think i did a great choice as i won't be overclocking, using this build mainly for compiling as a developer and gentoo linux work, thanks for the help :bounce: