Wondering About the M.2 NVME Mounting Screw?

Jan 2, 2019
Hey guys,
If you were in my situation and are fairly new with installing the NVME stick then you may have been wondering, like me, where to get the mounting screw that will work on your motherboard. Although I asked around quite a bit, I didn't get the correct answer which I barely realized why and will go on to say it's neither of anyone's fault considering the answer was too simple for a response. The problem was, the answer was so simple, that no one could understand my question.

So, I asked, where can I get the mounting screw for my Samsung M.2 NVME Storage device? And No one gave me the correct response which was, "the mounting screw is already on your motherboard, just unscrew it and mount your disk and use the screw to mount it back down." Well there you go, if you buy the NVME then as long as your motherboard supports it there should be a screw already on your motherboard for you :)

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Yes, you are correct. I am a bit paranoid about losing the screw, so I prefer to work with a magnetic screwdriver when installing my NVME drives.

Well if you look at the motherboard when you go to install the drive, you will find the screw there, so the answer is there in front of you. There is no "correct response" since if you asked where to get one, people would assume you already looked and did not see it.

Jan 2, 2019

Sure, you are ABSOLUTELY right bud, wow look at you all genius with it :whistle:
Aren't you just the cliche of nerd ass computer dudes that think they're so smart just because they can screw a motherboard to a chassis, so they think they can be condescending to whoever they please... Actually, to shed some light on your situation, no matter how smart a person is they will ALWAYS look dumb if they have a bad attitude or EVER think they can be condescending in any way to another fellow human being.

Alright then. For the rest of us, in case you're a newbie like me and just didn't have enough experience to notice your m.2 drive had a screw, maybe because it was the FIRST time you've ever even seen an m.2 drive. And/Or else, like me, you watched some installation videos which kept mentioning getting a box of computer screws with different sizes for "various computer projects such as installing an NVME.

Thanks again hang-the-9

Well you were saying " And No one gave me the correct response" and " I didn't get the correct answer" I was just pointing out that the correct answer was probably given for your question if that was "go buy one here". Nothing to do with being smart or knowing things. As in the Hitchikers Guide, the answer was 42, now they need to figure out what the correct question is.

Jan 2, 2019

Yes OMG yes I absolutely agree, Holy Crap how observant the next "Hi I am Mr. I want to know it all, BUT, FAIL." Why insist on trying to top the other guy? :??: :??: To settle with you, you should have found it even MORE interesting that, on your path to make yourself look good (or in retrospect, me look bad), you overlooked 2 CRITICAL facts to your claim:

#1 : I had not discovered Tom's Hardware Forum (again, newbie) when I began asking around about the NVME screw. Therefore, I had posts everywhere about it and never received the correct response.

#2: By the time I had solved the problem I went and EDITED my original Tom's Hardware post and REMOVED anything and everything that had to do with the screw in order to bring to focus all of my other questions.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me this satisfies the "interesting" chemicals flowing through your body and brain that has driven you to this point.

Thanksss

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Wow well this thread has no point and is going nowhere.

If you want help here feel free to ask. If you want to rag on the people trying to help you FOR FREE on their spare time, go do it on Facebook where the rest of the world does it. Thread closed.