[SOLVED] Wondering how to figure out which part could be making my PC not perform to it's full capacity.

Nov 26, 2022
Hello I've recently just felt like my pc hasn't been running up to par specifically in newer video games with input lag and fps drops, so I'm looking for some advice on how to diagnose it. I've read online that UserBenchmark can be misleading in way but I wanted to see if I could get some input from someone who probably knows a little more than me. Are the scores on here normal? Should I be worried about anything on here/prioritizing anything? I'm willing to provide other info if needed. Appreciate any help in advance.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56959037

Solution
As for the memory timings, I'd try disabling XMP, then setting the timings to 16-18-18-36 with 1.35v DRAM voltage and leave the rest of the timings on auto or default, which should be auto. See how that does. You could actually compare your cinebench and timespy scores, and any other benchmarks like Realbench, before and after changes to the memory to see if it changes much or for better/worse. I certainly wouldn't trust userbenchmark for this but you could run it anyhow, because, why not. Can't hurt.
Nov 26, 2022
What are your full hardware specifications including motherboard model, exact power supply model, CPU cooler, case, case fans, etc?
alright so:
MOBO- GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite V2

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB

PSU- Corsair RMX Series 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2

Case - Corsair 4000D Mid-Tower ATX

Case fans - Stock fans that came on 4000D, so one in the front and one in the back by the CPU.

GPU- MSI RTX 2060 SUPER

SSD- PNY CS900 500GB

and finally running windows 11

Do this. Download CPU-Z. Install it. Run it.

Click on the memory tab and take a screenshot. Then click on the SPD tab and in the drop box where it says Memory Slot Selection, select one of the slots that has memory installed in it so that it populates the data in the fields to the right. Take a screenshot of that. Do the same thing for any other slots that have memory installed in them. Post the images here as outlined at the following link.

Hello I've recently just felt like my pc hasn't been running up to par specifically in newer video games with input lag and fps drops, so I'm looking for some advice on how to diagnose it. I've read online that UserBenchmark can be misleading in way but I wanted to see if I could get some input from someone who probably knows a little more than me. Are the scores on here normal? Should I be worried about anything on here/prioritizing anything? I'm willing to provide other info if needed. Appreciate any help in advance.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56959037
Are you overclocking the cpu?

Base speed is quite high and turbo is low.

Nov 26, 2022
this took a while but i got it done sorry about that

XAt3sOl.jpeg
QAMKLok.jpeg
Ob4FP3N.jpeg

Nov 26, 2022
Are you overclocking the cpu?

Base speed is quite high and turbo is low.
Yeah, I had some weird issue with core performance boost restarting my PC in the middle of games, so I went and OC'D to 4.2ghz instead and haven't had the crashing issue since, is that bad?

Also, your memory is configured for favorable Intel timings, because it's going off the XMP profile and that profile is not compatible with what are normally recommended timings on Ryzen. But if you're not seeing ANY unusual behaviors as far as freezing, errors, memory problems, then it may be fine.

What is your current motherboard BIOS version?

Nov 26, 2022
Also, your memory is configured for favorable Intel timings, because it's going off the XMP profile and that profile is not compatible with what are normally recommended timings on Ryzen. But if you're not seeing ANY unusual behaviors as far as freezing, errors, memory problems, then it may be fine.

What is your current motherboard BIOS version?
I'm using the f64 version, so the latest version I believe.
Would that mean I should manually set my ram speed and timing as opposed to using the profile?

Forget about userbenchmark. It's not just useless, it's a running joke here and elsewhere. I mean, it's ok for loosely identifying things that are majorly off from where they should be, but it's useless for providing any seriously useful information as it's totally not accurate for trying to fine tune results.

Do this.

Download HWinfo. Install it. Run it and choose the "sensors only" option. Take screenshots of ALL the sensors displayed in the resulting Window. It will probably take scrolling down about three or four times to capture all the sensor data.

Post the resulting images here.

Then, download, install and run Cinebench. While it is running take another set of screenshots of the HWinfo sensors after a minute or two. Then, take an additional screenshot of the Cinebench results. Post all those here as well.

Might also run Timespy extreme and post the results of that.

What resolution and refresh rate are your monitor and what settings do you generally play at for games you feel are lacking in performance?

As for the memory timings, I'd try disabling XMP, then setting the timings to 16-18-18-36 with 1.35v DRAM voltage and leave the rest of the timings on auto or default, which should be auto. See how that does. You could actually compare your cinebench and timespy scores, and any other benchmarks like Realbench, before and after changes to the memory to see if it changes much or for better/worse. I certainly wouldn't trust userbenchmark for this but you could run it anyhow, because, why not. Can't hurt.

Solution
Nov 26, 2022
8FQR7p7.jpg
2QeS7TO.jpg
Ei6KESI.jpg
JN22WDH.jpg

QeZF1fo.jpg

These are while the cinebench tests were happening.
Below are the results of cinebench and the normal Timespy. I couldn't get access to Timespy Extreme.
gVl6EMC.jpg

cyKNkju.jpg

AlP8MXC.jpg

JvE87IA.jpg

My formatting is god awful so I appreciate the help here very much. Will try the memory changes and check out the scores afterwards.

I mean, I'm not really seeing anything that doesn't look like it's performing the way it should be EXCEPT for that PNY SSD. How old is that?

I noticed it didn't have a very good performance indication on the userbenchmark scores and, not that that really matters that much, but it also shows only having like 68% life remaining.

Nov 26, 2022
You need to edit that post to take the images out of the code for the quote as you posted the image links inside the body of the quote.

EgJTr4l.jpg
V0AdhTZ.jpg

9ePIdu1.jpg
qxhuBWb.jpg

fTbdpXg.jpg

ok these are the before screenshots i spent way too long figuring out how to edit that so I redid it if it's still needed. Also SSD is about 2 years old at this point.

Nov 26, 2022
scores are higher after applying the timings so that can't hurt at all. thanks a lot