[SOLVED] Wondering if a msi b450 tomahawk max would work with these parts?

Dizero

Prominent
Feb 16, 2020
Hello so I recently have decided to build my first ever pc and am obviously learning as I go. I just purchased a radeon rx 570 , and corsair vengeance. Im wondering if a mai b450 tomahawk max motherboard would be compatible for these before I spend money on something that doesnt work. Please let me know and if possible give me also budget ideas for the rest of the build. Thanks!

Solution
B450 boards support 2nd generation Ryzen CPUs out of the box, so I'd say go for a Ryzen 5 2600, or a Ryzen 7 2700, as the X CPUs really just have more aggressive boost clocks.

The B450 tomahawk max supports ryzen 3000 out of the box too... it has the BIOS updated.

What corsair PSU do you intend to buy(I need the model... VS, CX, RM, TX)?

What's the memory frequency and timings of that Corsair Vengeance 2x8 kit(you can also post the link for the kit)?

The RX 570 should have no problems being compatible.

As for the CPU recommendation a ryzen 5 2600 will suffice considering your GPU... You can also go for the 3600 if you plan on buying a more powerful GPU in the future.
Hello so I recently have decided to build my first ever pc and am obviously learning as I go. I just purchased a radeon rx 570 , and corsair vengeance. Im wondering if a mai b450 tomahawk max motherboard would be compatible for these before I spend money on something that doesnt work. Please let me know and if possible give me also budget ideas for the rest of the build. Thanks!

List what are the components that you want to pair together CLEARLY(CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU).

"Corsair vengeance" does not really describe anything... is it RAM is it a PSU?
When you post your specs you need to give the model numbers for the parts... otherwise we can't just guess what do you really want to buy.

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019

Well, yes, the GPU and RAM will work as long as you don't get more RAM than slots on the motherboard. It would be helpful if we could get a list of all the components.

Dizero

Prominent
Feb 16, 2020
Well, yes, the GPU and RAM will work as long as you don't get more RAM than slots on the motherboard. It would be helpful if we could get a list of all the components.

so far all I have its the radeon rx 570 and the corsair vengeance 8gbx2 16gb of ram . i dont have anything else and would like to have input on what to buy

Dizero

Prominent
Feb 16, 2020
List what are the components that you want to pair together CLEARLY(CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU).

"Corsair vengeance" does not really describe anything... is it RAM is it a PSU?
When you post your specs you need to give the model numbers for the parts... otherwise we can't just guess what do you really want to buy.

Hello yes im not super smart with this stuff yet I have the radeon rx 570 graphics card, corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb ram. Thats all I have so far plus my computer case. I was interested in the msi b450 tomahawk max motherboard, corsair 650 watt power supply thats all I have or on my list so far

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
so far all I have its the radeon rx 570 and the corsair vengeance 8gbx2 16gb of ram . i dont have anything else and would like to have input on what to buy

B450 boards support 2nd generation Ryzen CPUs out of the box, so I'd say go for a Ryzen 5 2600, or a Ryzen 7 2700, as the X CPUs really just have more aggressive boost clocks.

The B450 tomahawk max supports ryzen 3000 out of the box too... it has the BIOS updated.

What corsair PSU do you intend to buy(I need the model... VS, CX, RM, TX)?

What's the memory frequency and timings of that Corsair Vengeance 2x8 kit(you can also post the link for the kit)?

The RX 570 should have no problems being compatible.

As for the CPU recommendation a ryzen 5 2600 will suffice considering your GPU... You can also go for the 3600 if you plan on buying a more powerful GPU in the future.

Last edited:
Solution