Wondering if i just broke my graphics card..

Zbryant

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hello,
Today I was installing my hardware from an old case to a new one, and in the process I accidentally forgot the screws on my graphics card. Once I attempted to plug in my VGA cable to the card, it slipped out halfway and the fans instantly sped up. I tried reseating the card and checked all my power cables, and it won't send a signal to my monitor. Should I invest in a new graphics card?

Pull power from the wall and then clear the CMOS and then seem if the video card works. It may be that the system switched over to the onboard gpu.i would also look for burn marks and smell it for burnt parts. Also look into the pci slot for bent pins.

Zbryant

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Can you clarify how I would go about clearing CMOS? I think that may be the problem... I can't smell any burnt sections and it looks pretty normal. As for the bent pins, I switched pci-e slots and still had no output.

Zbryant

Honorable
May 6, 2013

It looks to me like CMOS isn't the problem, I still received no output. Is there any sort of way I could tell by peeking under the cards cover? I can't afford a new cars at the moment and I'll take any alternative.

Zbryant

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Ill end up trying that tonight, ill post another reply with whether or not it works