Wondering if this is doable - google doc/sheet question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

So I received a google doc/sheet, pdf format sent to me attached and it's my work I've been collabing on and this morning I looked at the pdf and by comparison, it changed tonight as I looked at it.

My question is can the person who sent you this google doc/sheet, pdf made change the content of it after it's been sent to your email? I mean the content has been changed and is not noticeable from what I viewed this morning, so my guess is they were able to change stuff even though it's been sent already.

Thank you, I hope someone can give me insight on this as this is very pressing.

Apr 3, 2018
Pretty sure it was an attachment, if I remember correctly the link shows up as a little blue rectangle without any attachment. I thought maybe it can still be edited by the owner if only through an internet connection.

The reason I've asked: If you're sent the file as an attachment, you'd have it somewhere on your computer. The only way (for what I know) to edit a file in Google Docs/Sheet/etc is first to upload it there.

What I think happened: You're sent a link to a shared Google Docs file, and while that file can sit in your Google Docs folder, it's still shared with the original sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.