[SOLVED] Wondering if this is the best way to upgrade within my budget.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 11, 2019
So my specs are:
Bitfenix Aegis Micro-ATX Case
Gigabyte z97x-Gaming 5 motherboard
2x Corsair vengance 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Ram
Corsair 750w power supply
i7 4790k Devils canyon overclocked 4.2 CPU
Corsair H100i Cpu water cooler
GTX 1080 FTW2

My plan is to upgrade the motherboard to a ASUS z390-A.
Upgrade the CPU to a i9 9900k 5GHz
and also upgrade the case to a full tower with more fan slots to use.

Budget of around £800

Solution
just wondering because really my plan is to do a buy now pay later with ARIA PC because i dont earn much and would take the same amount of time to save but need an upgrade asap. Also i dont want to F up so im also going to pay for them to swap and install everything
If they tell you that old PSU is fine I recommend not listening to them unless they give you in written or include the clause in the package and commit that if anything fails due to PSU failure entire replacement cost will have to bared by them. If not get new PSU.
just wondering because really my plan is to do a buy now pay later with ARIA PC because i dont earn much and would take the same amount of time to save but need an upgrade asap. Also i dont want to F up so im also going to pay for them to swap and install everything
If they tell you that old PSU is fine I recommend not listening to them unless they give you in written or include the clause in the package and commit that if anything fails due to PSU failure entire replacement cost will have to bared by them. If not get new PSU.

Solution
Nov 11, 2019
How important is max FPS? By going 9700K or Ryzen 3700 you could save a reasonable amount of budget with not too much impact on performance.

A 9900k is probably too much for a H100i if you plan to overclock, should be ok at stock.
id rather go with an I9 9900k i can always upgrade cooler if i want to boost right?