Question Wondering if this parts list looks good

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
I'm building a computer, and am wondering if this parts like will be good for the long term.

Some of the parts I already have (GPU, PSU, M.2, SSDs, Case and Monitor). I guess I'm looking more at the CPU/MB/RAM. I have not ordered them, or the cooler yet.

I want to start doing some video stuff, and maybe some streaming. I'm home schooled, so I'm on line all the time.

Here is the list from PCPartspicker

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LzRvMZ

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Buying the top of line on the Intel consumer side. Can't really go wrong. Oversized cooler for the overly warm chip. More than enough memory for anything you might want to do.

Normally I would say drop to the i7-9700k and try to work a 2080Ti in there, but you already have the 2080.

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
Buying the top of line on the Intel consumer side. Can't really go wrong. Oversized cooler for the overly warm chip. More than enough memory for anything you might want to do.

Normally I would say drop to the i7-9700k and try to work a 2080Ti in there, but you already have the 2080.
I was thinking that the 8/16 on the 9900k would be better than the 8/8 on the 9700k for streaming and any video editing I try to do. But I don't mind going to the 9700k if that would work just as well. There's only a $90 difference on NewEgg right now

techphantom

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
Eximo's right. You really don't need 32 gigs of ram, depending on what you're doing with the video "stuff". 16 - 3000 mhz would be perfect, and overclockable to 3200.

The motherboard's is great.

The i7-9700k and the 9900k don't really have a huge leap of a difference, but if threads mean something to you, you can take it. You can save the $90 to a Asus ROG Maximus Code if you want to. Great aesthetics, looks, BIOS, and features.

The cooler will keep the CPU cool, but even air coolers could handle it. You might think about air coolers (NH-D15, Dark Rock) , but if you want to stick with the liquid cooler for aesthetics, go for it. Though, judging by the rgb case and ram, my personal favorite rgb cooler is the CM MasterLiquid ML240R RGB.