Wondering if this pc is compatible!

Kaspar_3

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Hey guys! Could someone look at this build for me and see if it is compatible? or if there is anything i need to switch out? Thanks! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GjvFBm If you dont want to click the link, the part list is below!

CPU: Intel Core I7-6700k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: MSI z170a gaming 5
RAM: G.Skill ripjaws V series 8gb (2 x 4gb)
SSD: Kingston SSDnow V300 series 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 tb
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
Case: Corsair Spec O2
PSU: EVGA Supernova NEX 650w 80+ gold Fully MOdular
Optical Drvie: Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive7

Solution
PCPartPicker is a godsend for checking compatibility. I doubt anyone here can/will spot issues beyond what PCPartpicker can assure. Your build looks good. with the exception of the Kingston V200 series SSD. There are better SSDs and Kingston's is deceptive in that they changed the NVRAM after reviewer copies went out.

I've not seen a tier list of SSDs and usually recommends Samsung, since they are usually low-prices and always in the top tier of performance - the "gold standard", so to speak.

The other thing were PCPartpicker isn't good is to help with the quality of the PSU. There, however, you made a good choice. :)

Hope it works out for you. Have fun with your PC. :)
PCPartPicker is a godsend for checking compatibility. I doubt anyone here can/will spot issues beyond what PCPartpicker can assure. Your build looks good. with the exception of the Kingston V200 series SSD. There are better SSDs and Kingston's is deceptive in that they changed the NVRAM after reviewer copies went out.

I've not seen a tier list of SSDs and usually recommends Samsung, since they are usually low-prices and always in the top tier of performance - the "gold standard", so to speak.

The other thing were PCPartpicker isn't good is to help with the quality of the PSU. There, however, you made a good choice. :)

Hope it works out for you. Have fun with your PC. :)

Solution
Decent compatible build. I'd want a bit more robust CPU cooler, like the CRYORIG H7 (It's smaller too), at least and a bigger, and hence faster SSD. 240Gb is my minimum for size today. That will hold OS + a couple of big games and enough space for efficient TRIM (Garbage collection) Bigger drive are also faster.

Kaspar_3

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

Thanks so much for the reply. Maybe i will swap out the SSD! Thanks!

Kaspar_3

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

Thanks so much for replying to me! You were very helpful with my issue :D

TRENDING THREADS