[SOLVED] Wondering if this prebuild is worth the money, no i do not want to build it my self. even if it cost less.

Not bad. If you wanted to save a little money, have them use the standard CPU cooler since you won't be overclocking or anything. Then you don't have to worry later about the pump failing or the coolant leaking. Which I've seen before and had to swap out a cpu, gpu, and board for someone.

Dec 27, 2019
Not bad. If you wanted to save a little money, have them use the standard CPU cooler since you won't be overclocking or anything. Then you don't have to worry later about the pump failing or the coolant leaking. Which I've seen before and had to swap out a cpu, gpu, and board for someone.
ok thanks, will that effect performance at all?

and is that the ryzen wraith cooler?

Shouldn't affect performance. If it's just running stock speeds and isn't overheating you should be fine. If it's the AMD wraith prism, that cooler is supposed to perform almost as well as some of the tower air coolers you see.

I actually ordered a wraith prism for my custom build with a ryzen 1700x. 1700x didn't come with a cooler. I have another one I've been using, but might as well give over of those a shot.

I would recommend to get in the habit every 3-4 months of opening the case and air dusting out all the fans like gpu, CPU, exhaust, power supply etc with some canned air. You'd want to do that if you had the water cooler anyway. But since you don't know much about computers, the more simple things start out the better. Then you can learn as you go and do upgrades if desired.

Dec 27, 2019
Shouldn't affect performance. If it's just running stock speeds and isn't overheating you should be fine. If it's the AMD wraith prism, that cooler is supposed to perform almost as well as some of the tower air coolers you see.

I actually ordered a wraith prism for my custom build with a ryzen 1700x. 1700x didn't come with a cooler. I have another one I've been using, but might as well give over of those a shot.

I would recommend to get in the habit every 3-4 months of opening the case and air dusting out all the fans like gpu, CPU, exhaust, power supply etc with some canned air. You'd want to do that if you had the water cooler anyway. But since you don't know much about computers, the more simple things start out the better. Then you can learn as you go and do upgrades if desired.
ok thanks man :)

Reactions: ohio_buckeye