[SOLVED] Wondering if this'll fit in a NZXT H510 Elite with airflow

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
ok, so components in this pc part picker link. if there are issues, let me know.

(some of the peripherals are for my own reference, oh and also, in the case of fans, refer to the NZXT AER RGB 2 ones.)
List

Solution
Hm, So new update: couple more questions.
1. New Case considerations: H710i, Helios GX601, and Razer's Tomahawk Case (not Lian-Li, Razer brand themselves)

2. SO Asus ROG Strix X570-E states that the memory speed is 2666 MHz, upon research, I found out that you will have to enable D.O.C.P to achieve higher speeds, please explain. I'm considering buying a 3600 MHz RAM so uhhh.

3. Due to me being a PC Building noob, I have no idea what most MOBO components are: I do know, Socket, DIMM, and I/O for the most part.

4. Is Front to back a good airflow choice?

5. Is it okay to mix AER RGB 2 fans with AER P120mm fans? or Place AER RGB 2 fans onto a Kraken Z73?

6. Should I go for a NZXT Kraken X73 or Z73?

7. (this one is slightly...
And here is what you can get if you're a person that doesn't mind about the RGB stuff in a system and prefer performance :)

80 dollars less for a better CPU, faster RAM, cheaper SSD for the second M.2 and a B550 Board.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($449.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $164.99)
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.95 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card ($929.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($121.01 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $108.00)
Case Fan: NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (Purchased For $89.99)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Acer VG271 Pbmiipx 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $209.00)
Total: $2771.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-08 18:08 EST-0500

Reactions: Dj0gany
First off all what is this build going to be used for?
What is the resolution your are going to be gaming at?
One 'issue' i see is a 1000W psu.
A 3090 couldnt even pull that much, let alone a 3080.
A good 750W psu like Seasonic Focus GX 750 or Corsair RMx 750 is more than enough.
Another issue i see is the case.
Why the H710i?
Does it have to be pretty much any recent NZXT case?
In my honest opinion, this looks much better and has better airflow.
Either this or this.
Another issue, 280$ for a AIO?!?!?
This looks and performs the same for 100$ cheaper, plus it will fit better in the Corsair case. (because of the fans).
If you decide to go with the 4000D Airflow, i would switch up the AIO, so you can sync its fan's with the rest in your Corsiar case using iCue, which would look dope imo.
This is my version of your build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard ($319.99 @ ASUS)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($173.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($164.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $164.99)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card ($929.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($121.01 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $108.00)
Case Fan: NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (Purchased For $89.99)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Acer VG271 Pbmiipx 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $209.00)
Total: $2855.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-08 18:05 EST-0500

Not to mention it will be $250 cheaper.

Reactions: Nemesia
1. New Case considerations: H710i, Helios GX601, and Razer's Tomahawk Case (not Lian-Li, Razer brand themselves)

2. SO Asus ROG Strix X570-E states that the memory speed is 2666 MHz, upon research, I found out that you will have to enable D.O.C.P to achieve higher speeds, please explain. I'm considering buying a 3600 MHz RAM so uhhh.

3. Due to me being a PC Building noob, I have no idea what most MOBO components are: I do know, Socket, DIMM, and I/O for the most part.

5. Is it okay to mix AER RGB 2 fans with AER P120mm fans? or Place AER RGB 2 fans onto a Kraken Z73?

7. (this one is slightly broad, I am aware that I can find some but I request a detailed explanation) PC Build guide, if possible, referencing my components but not necessary.

Give yourself a hug from me for taking the time to read this post and thank you for answering me.
  1. Helios is the winner for me, much bigger with better airflow, also looks sick imo.
  2. Go here, to see what DOCP means https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-does-xmp-docp-eocp-mean.2789837/
  3. What is a socket / DIMM / Chipset / IO (couldn't find a article so i'll try my best to explain) is the Input/ Output section of the motherboard. Typically a motherbaord I/O has a Ethernet port, video signal port/s (ussually VGA or HDMI), USB slot's, mic and audio ports, etc..
More expensive one's will have more usb ports, bios flashback button, wifi antenna ports, etc...
  1. Most used one, typically 3 intake's on the front that drag the air from the outside of the case, inside it where the rear exhaust fan will take it out of the chassis on the back.
  2. You can put them onto the hub, idk about the Z73 fan replacement (Aer P fans are already on it just so u know), will probably be fine.
  3. I dont see a difference between them other than the display (and the price obviously).
  4. I'll link you my PC building playlist, contains all the videos regarding pc building and helped me up a ton: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqb4fdDIN1jh5ghPiv2v3yxrsPl5BMoPH

Reactions: mxnty
Solution

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
I was thinking B550, but I chose X570 for future-proofing. I agree, I'm a bit biased with all the positive feedback I've seen on NZXT Cases, but I'll check out the other ones. $280 is a bit much, but I'm willing to go for it. Essentially, I do care about looks and performance which I know is meh but I like it. @Master Djoza This will be used for gaming and a bit of school (the general 8ish hours a day). I'm planning to pick up a 240hz monitor in say, 1-2 years after this build. My 3 considerations for the case are the H510 Elite, the H710i, and the ROG Helios GX601. I would like to have RGB controllable fans in there. $449 is a bit much for me in a CPU, RAM, I'll check that one out, and I've heard the having the same storage avoids bottlenecks with other SSDs. I prefer "clearer", specifically lighter in terms of color, so all my components are being shown. That being said, this will be my first build, so I will need some help. I think one of the things I need to be answered is whether or not these components will fit into the H510 Elite (btw, the case fans are a reference to me as like either this (NZXT RGB) or that (Corsair iCue) for the fans)

T
I was thinking B550, but I chose X570 for future-proofing. I agree, I'm a bit biased with all the positive feedback I've seen on NZXT Cases, but I'll check out the other ones. $280 is a bit much, but I'm willing to go for it. Essentially, I do care about looks and performance which I know is meh but I like it. @Master Djoza This will be used for gaming and a bit of school (the general 8ish hours a day). I'm planning to pick up a 240hz monitor in say, 1-2 years after this build. My 3 considerations for the case are the H510 Elite, the H710i, and the ROG Helios GX601. I would like to have RGB controllable fans in there. $449 is a bit much for me in a CPU, RAM, I'll check that one out, and I've heard the having the same storage avoids bottlenecks with other SSDs. I prefer "clearer", specifically lighter in terms of color, so all my components are being shown. That being said, this will be my first build, so I will need some help. I think one of the things I need to be answered is whether or not these components will fit into the H510 Elite (btw, the case fans are a reference to me as like either this (NZXT RGB) or that (Corsair iCue) for the fans)
The 360mm will not fit in H510 elite, the gpu will not fit with the AIO mounted on front.

I see, would the Helios be the better between the remaining two?
I love the Helios.
I wanted to get it as a kid until i saw that it costs more than my whole pc xD
It will support the 360mm both on top and front.
I recommend mounting it on top ofcourse.
It will fit the 3080 without problems.
One thing i would note that i havent seen before.
The Strix 3080 recommends a 850W psu.
While you are more than likely to be safe with good 750W one from Corsair or Seasonic, with your budget ,i dont think paying more for a 850W would make such a difference.
Either this one or this one.

Mar 10, 2021
OP, just make sure, whichever route you go, If you plan on using the NZXT AER RGB fans you need to stick to the elite case, or buy the RGB controller/bundle that comes with the controller, otherwise your proprietary fans will be white only. if you go with corsair, make sure you have the commander pro and replace the AER RGB with corsair fans (dont know if the recommended corsair case comes with the commander pro). I have a 710 elite, with the x62 kraken, currently running an MSI 3070 until i can get my hands on a 3080. Theres enough room in this case for everything and then some...

i will admit, Corsair's ICue software is exponentially better than NZXT's CAM software.

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021

7. (this one is slightly broad, I am aware that I can find some but I request a detailed explanation) PC Build guide, if possible, referencing my components but not necessary.

Give yourself a hug from me for taking the time to read this post and thank you for answering me.

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
  1. Helios is the winner for me, much bigger with better airflow, also looks sick imo.
  2. Go here, to see what DOCP means https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-does-xmp-docp-eocp-mean.2789837/
  3. What is a socket / DIMM / Chipset / IO (couldn't find a article so i'll try my best to explain) is the Input/ Output section of the motherboard. Typically a motherbaord I/O has a Ethernet port, video signal port/s (ussually VGA or HDMI), USB slot's, mic and audio ports, etc..
More expensive one's will have more usb ports, bios flashback button, wifi antenna ports, etc...
  1. Most used one, typically 3 intake's on the front that drag the air from the outside of the case, inside it where the rear exhaust fan will take it out of the chassis on the back.
  2. You can put them onto the hub, idk about the Z73 fan replacement (Aer P fans are already on it just so u know), will probably be fine.
  3. I dont see a difference between them other than the display (and the price obviously).
  4. I'll link you my PC building playlist, contains all the videos regarding pc building and helped me up a ton: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqb4fdDIN1jh5ghPiv2v3yxrsPl5BMoPH
Oh my bad, I meant that I knew what mentioned parts of the MOBO were, but thanks for explaining.