Wondering what I could do to prepare for that special box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extrathestrak

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
About 1-2 years ago, I got a pretty decent PC, and I have loved it ever since, It's handled every game I've thrown at it with at least 30 fps, but more recently, I've been looking into the HTC Vive, and I instantly fell in love with it, so I saved up all I could, sold some stuff, and I ordered it just yesterday, so I've been looking into stuff like that, and it turns out my Video Card doesn't pass the SteamVR Performance Test, so I was wondering what everyone though I should upgrade to get it ready for VR.

My Stats:
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270 (I think)
HDD: 1 TB
PSU: 430w
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core 3.80MHz

If you need to know anything else about it, just ask, Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Solution
- Buy a new video card.
#SOLVED IT! :)

Actually, I would say since you have ordered the HTC vive already, wait for it to come in. Then plug it in, and upgrade your card as cash allows and to improve your VR experience.

In the immediate, I would recommend laying out your playspace.
Oh, and consider getting one of those vive covers for the facerest. Especially if you plan on showing off your Vive to friends and family... some friends sweat more than others.... a LOT more. :p

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
- Buy a new video card.
#SOLVED IT! :)

Actually, I would say since you have ordered the HTC vive already, wait for it to come in. Then plug it in, and upgrade your card as cash allows and to improve your VR experience.

In the immediate, I would recommend laying out your playspace.
Oh, and consider getting one of those vive covers for the facerest. Especially if you plan on showing off your Vive to friends and family... some friends sweat more than others.... a LOT more. :p

Solution

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
I would shop around for an Nvidia 970, but that is gonna suck up your budget. Try the Vive out and see how bad the jitter is. Even the 970 is just under spec if I recall. Nvidia had to pay $30 to everybody who bought one in a class action lawsuit. Do your homework, and get the best card you can afford.

Extrathestrak

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

Thanks ;) cya 'round

Status
Not open for further replies.