Wont boot after changing voltage

xiandrii

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I've got an asrock z77 extreme4 mobo with 3570k cpu and 16gb 1600mhz ram

I built it myself and it's been running fine for years now, I usually have it at 4.5ghz with +0.103 offset voltage and +0.100 turbo voltage) but today I wanted to try to go faster so I tried to push it to 5 ghz with like +0.300 voltage and +0.200 turbo

Now it won't start up :( when I turn it on the fans start spinning, but nothing appears on the screen (no signal) and it gives debug error 62 (South Bridge initialization failure)

I've already tried taking out the cmos battery hasn't fixed it :( I've tried taking out the graphics card and using onboard too, but it gives same error

I know I'm dumb for messing with voltages without fully understanding what I'm doing...

Is my cpu dead?

What should I do?

(posting this from my phone btw so apologies for lack of content)

Solution
The issue seems heavily related to a faulty motherboard or CPU. I would just incase check the HDMI connections too, make sure the cable is working fine.

make sure your motherboard is on the standoffs to be safe ( most cases have them preinstalled but just check.) Also that sounds like it could be an issue with power (either to the mobo or gfx card) but then again it could be anything.

I would make sure to try the following too:

- Check Mobo is on the standoffs.
- Unplug all HDD's DVD Drives.
- Make sure the 24 pin and 2X4 12v connectors are plugged into the mobo
- Also double check that you have 6 pin pcie connector connected to the graphics card
- Use only 1 stick of ram (try both sticks one at a time it in all different slots, it...

Legion93

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
The issue seems heavily related to a faulty motherboard or CPU. I would just incase check the HDMI connections too, make sure the cable is working fine.

make sure your motherboard is on the standoffs to be safe ( most cases have them preinstalled but just check.) Also that sounds like it could be an issue with power (either to the mobo or gfx card) but then again it could be anything.

I would make sure to try the following too:

- Check Mobo is on the standoffs.
- Unplug all HDD's DVD Drives.
- Make sure the 24 pin and 2X4 12v connectors are plugged into the mobo
- Also double check that you have 6 pin pcie connector connected to the graphics card
- Use only 1 stick of ram (try both sticks one at a time it in all different slots, it could also be a dead slot on the mobo)
- If you cant get a post after you have tried both sticks of ram in all the slots and switched around the grpahics card into the second pcie slot (try every possible combo) It could be a any of the things plugged in. But i would hazard that it was probably the GFX card or the motherboard. (It's rare you would have both ram sticks dodgy and all the ram slots dodgy.
- If there is a memory safe button on the motherboard (or MEM_SAFE/MEM_OK) similarly found on Asus mobos, you might want to use this feature.
- Try removing the onboard battery from the motherboard and wait few minutes and reinstall.

Solution

xiandrii

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
So here's what I tried now:

- removed gpu
- unplugged pc, hold power button for 10 sec, remove cmos battery for 1 hour
- removed sata drives
- removed everything apart from cpu and 1 stick of ram
- tried moving ram into different slot

Nothing has worked.

I am gonna take it to the pc repair shop now and see if they can run some tests on it

I think I might have fried the cpu though ;_;

TRENDING THREADS