Question Won't boot after move Asus Z170 bootdevice led

Dec 6, 2020
Yesterday before I moved my pc ran just fine, today when I try to start it nothing happens. I've opened the case and according to the LEDs there's a problem with the boot devices. I don't understand how this could happen, I've tried unplugging all bootdevices except my SSD with windows 10 but it still won't boot

popatim

Titan
What are the specs of your pc with make and model of the essential; parts please.
Have you tried unplugging the SSD and just entering the bios?
Also if you had other drives plugged in when you installed Windows to the SSD, it's probably not the boot drive. Windows likes to put the boot partition on a drive that isn't where you are installing windows for some unexplained reason. When you only have 1 drive plugged in, you leave it no choice. LoL

Alas, the 'nothing happens' description is a tad vague, so, must ask... do you at least have a BIOS display at power up?

Is the SSD with the OS on it listed as viable boot device in boot device priority list?

Does it at least try to start booting, such as could be assumed if you see the MS spinning wheel logo....?

Dec 6, 2020
What are the specs of your pc with make and model of the essential; parts please.
Have you tried unplugging the SSD and just entering the bios?
Also if you had other drives plugged in when you installed Windows to the SSD, it's probably not the boot drive. Windows likes to put the boot partition on a drive that isn't where you are installing windows for some unexplained reason. When you only have 1 drive plugged in, you leave it no choice. LoL
CPU: i5 6600k
CPU: MSI GTX 970
SSD: some Samsung SSD
HDD: WD black
I haven't tried unplugging the SSD, will try

Dec 6, 2020
Alas, the 'nothing happens' description is a tad vague, so, must ask... do you at least have a BIOS display at power up?

Is the SSD with the OS on it listed as viable boot device in boot device priority list?

Does it at least try to start booting, such as could be assumed if you see the MS spinning wheel logo....?
I cant get it to boot, not even BIOS, it powers up and the LEDs on the motherboard start blinking, the CPU, VGA and DRAM LEDs light up and turn of as they should but the bootdevices LED gets stuck on.

TRENDING THREADS