[SOLVED] Won't boot on a Z390 Elite Aorus, i9-9900kf, Corsair H100i RGB Plat., and NVIDIA GFX card

Dec 8, 2020
So today was the big day for an upgrade. I tried installing the following parts:

I9-9900kf
Corsair h100i RGB Platinum
EVGA G3 750W 80+ Gold
Upgrading RTX 2070 to RTX 3080 OC (I need to get into Windows before I mess around with installing the graphics card first)

then I replaced my psu to replace a g2 650W to a g3 750W.
I thought I had a 550w so I bought the 750w but already had the 650 but meh,

The radiator and fans fit up top leaving literally NO room for ram but I managed to get them all tight and working.

I actually bought a RTX 3080 OC TUF Gaming 10GB but I'm going to replace my 2070 with it when I can get the darn thing to post.

I'm just looking for a screen post at least.

I have a HDMI cable connected to back of GFX card.

The psu setup looks like:
1 VGA connector that splits to 2 plugged in both parts of graphics card, seated in position
  1. 2 CPU connectors the big one at the top of the MOBO and I installed a second one to CPU-2 slot of PSU because I plan on OC'ing my 9900kf to > 4.8
  2. SATA cable connected to both my HDs, same deal 1 cord that splits to 2
  3. MOBO connector to big connector on MOBO.
  4. SATA cable connected to the H100i RGB head
With the H100i I basically did it like this:
First took the air-fan off the 8700k I had before then slipped the chrome bar off the CPU. I placed the 9900kf in its socket with the arrows aligned.
Then I installed the backplate on the back of the motherboard, and screwed in the mounting screws on the front,
I pressed the pre-applied thermal cooler head with the logo upwards on top of the mounting screws and tightened them all in a criss-cross way so they all tightened equally
The 2 fans for the H100i that come with the box I have installed underneath of the radiator (top position of the case). Two of the fan cords (pwr) go into the Fan hub and 2 of the RGB connectors go to the RGB hub

All of this should be correct on the last step I hope the pwr/rgb both are HUB connectors to what comes with the cooler.

I don't know whats wrong

But I cant get a post to my monitor, and It restarts over and over. I REALLY hope that it's not the CPU and Cooler installed incorrectly but I followed all the steps.

H100i cooler is connected to a SATA power connector as mentioned above

Solution
SOLVED: took everything a part to the barebones of the MOBO inside the case with nothing attached. Checked all cables and plugged in only necessary for boot POST, Reset CMOS on front of H500 with the Reset button for 10seconds, then booted it up and got to BIOS.

If anything changes Ill post
Dec 8, 2020
So the color LED debug that show up are 3 yellow lights that are behind the RAM
The CPU is a new i9-9900kf
The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite v1.0

My old CPU was a i7-8700k and worked right out of the box.

I tried clearing the CMOS and removing all RAM except one stick (8gb)

I took the CMOS out for 5 minutes and put it back in

What do I need to do if I want a 9900kf to post, request a new CMOS from the manufacturer?

Dec 8, 2020
SOLVED: took everything a part to the barebones of the MOBO inside the case with nothing attached. Checked all cables and plugged in only necessary for boot POST, Reset CMOS on front of H500 with the Reset button for 10seconds, then booted it up and got to BIOS.

If anything changes Ill post

Solution