Won't boot past the Windows logo

Wankershim170

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
The other night my computer started to act slow and stop responding and freeze up. I turned it off and when I tried to boot back up it stayed on the windows boot screen. The windows logo pulses but other than that nothing happens. I've tried the widows system repair, but right after I started it it stayed at a black screen. I've tested my SSD with the BIOS and Parted Magic and it always passes. I'm using an old mobo/cpu that was in my old gateway and my only guess at this point is that that has started to go. Any ideas, or suggestions on what to do? I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Thanks in advance.

Wankershim170

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Is there a way to system restore from the BIOS? I've tried from a CD and nothing appears after I click on "repair PC".

Wankershim170

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Yeah I have, it didn't work either. But I just unplugged my SSD and put Windows on my HDD and it seems to be working so far, it's installed and I'm at the desktop now. So if this keeps working I may try to wipe the SSD and re-install on that to check if that was the problem. Thank you for helping though, man. If I have more issues I'll probably post again.