Won't boot. Please help.

Feb 5, 2019
Ok. First time posting here. I'm stuck.

Built a PC from 2nd hand parts. All were working last time they were used. The question mark in the build is the motherboard. It was bought from china, and despite it saying new, it seems like a test bench model to me.

Anyway, I'm getting the' Memok red light' solid and it won't boot. After about 10 seconds it powers itself down and then after 2 more seconds, restarts. I've tried using mem ok and it blinks slow until the restart, then after the restart it blinks fast until returning to solid red again.

I've tried a single stick in every slot, and even different combinations of ram from my older PC that I know works. Yet still I get the same result.

Asus P8P67 LE
DDR3 Kingston Hyper X beast, X2 8g
(2nd Ram: DDR3 Kingston Hyper X Fury, X4 4g)

Any help would be appriciated. I don't know where to turn next.
~ Mat

Feb 5, 2019
Ok, not gonna lie. It was 3am and my memory failed me. Without taking the headsink off (which requires the motherboard out with this case) I cant check the CPU model.

Whatever the CPU is though, it just came from a half a year stint in an 1155 socket with the same ram Im testing this with.

The motherboard is the new factor of the three.

Feb 5, 2019
So I've taken it apart to check what the CPU actually is because my memory is terrible.

It's an i7 3770. I believe that's an 1155 socket.

I also checked how it sat and that no pins were bent. All good.
Everything else is seated and connected correctly and I still get the red light.

Feb 5, 2019
I checked the QVL list and couldn't find my memory. I did find some 4g variants and the list is from 2012, however I couldnt find my specific set.

Is this the reason even the MemChk doesn't work?

I always thought these lists were some kind of paid advert, as I've never used them and never had any issues in my years of building.