[SOLVED] Automatic Repair Failed Screen After Successful BIOS Update

thomas7140

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
So, the main problem is, when I updated the BIOS via mflash, it installed 100%, then it rebooted and got into a loop of trying automatic repair. After 6 rounds of trying that, I got the blue screen that says automatic repair failed. I don't really know what happened, it looked like it updated successfully

I have a MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk motherboard. The old BIOS was a 2019 one. And the new was a 2020-10-12 BIOS update called 7B18v1B

I have tried resetting CMOS, which I don't know if worked, mainly because I don't know how I could see if it worked.
After doing some research, I suspect something happened to my boot order(if the update didn't brake anything). My boot drive is supposed to be an m.2 SSD and I have another m.2 SSD plus two HDDs. The problem with changing boot order is that I can't identify any of the drives, actually it says I only have two hard disks here: https://ibb.co/vw6QLM0 My first question would be, why are there just two drives in the boot order? And can I swap the two m.2 SSDs?

Maybe I should try resetting CMOS again? Or try installing another BIOS version. Let me know if you would like more information.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Specs:
MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
i5 8600K
RTX 2070
250Gb m.2 SSD
1tb m.2 SSD
2x 1tb HDD

Solution
Ok, so, it was the boot order. I did not need to switch my SSDs. You simply have to change the order in BIOS

I said I couldn't find the SSDs in the boot order, but I found something called BBS boot priorities, where I could see the SSDs and set it to number one priority (in that list). And then you can find it in the main boot order list

Hope this helps anyone in the future

thomas7140

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
Ok, so, it was the boot order. I did not need to switch my SSDs. You simply have to change the order in BIOS

I said I couldn't find the SSDs in the boot order, but I found something called BBS boot priorities, where I could see the SSDs and set it to number one priority (in that list). And then you can find it in the main boot order list

Hope this helps anyone in the future

Solution