[SOLVED] Wont boot with all cores enabled in bios

Jan 3, 2019
So i got a new motherboard after my last one had died. The new motherboard is an asrock B250m-HDV. After installing one stick of ddr4 2133 ram and my i7 6700k i found that my system only booted with 1 core enabled on my cpu. After seeing that i went into my bios, enabled all cores and found that it refused to boot often freezing on the windows loading screen or showing just a blue screen and sometimes parts of or just the frowning face of the "something has gone wrong" error. Is there something i can do or is it bye bye 6700k, time to upgrade anyway?

Solution
Why do you have a K suffix processor meant for overclocking on a crippled B250 chipset and DDR4-2133MHz rams? In fact you should either be with DDR4-3200MHz rams on a Z170/Z270 chipset or get a non K version of the processor.

Which BIOS version are you on at the moment?

Lutfij

Titan
Why do you have a K suffix processor meant for overclocking on a crippled B250 chipset and DDR4-2133MHz rams? In fact you should either be with DDR4-3200MHz rams on a Z170/Z270 chipset or get a non K version of the processor.

Which BIOS version are you on at the moment?

Solution