Neillb

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2013
I've installed a Pentium G5400 CPU in my Asus TUF Gaming B360M-E motherboard so that I can update the BIOS ready for a 9th generation CPU.

The board, still outside the case for testing, has 16Gb of Corsair Vengeancve memory.

I have the board linked to the power supply, and the start wire installed on the right pins.

When I switch on the electricity via the case start button, the CPU fan spins, but the board will not boot up.

I've tried remedies I've read on the Net, such as holding the start button for 30sec, but still no video output appears on the monitor.

I've checked connectors, and have been careful to wear a wrist static grounder, and have the board on an anti-static mat.

I've routed the video signals to the monitor first. direct from the board, and second and separately, by putting in a Gigabyte GeForce 710 video card and linking that instead to the monitor The fan on the card spins, but no data goes out to the screen.

Any testing suggestions would be welcome except for "use a sharp axe." That's tempting enough already.