Wont boot

G

Well i have just build my new computer its a i7 920, asus p6t, 3gb ocz gold 12800, zalman 600watt, 4870x2, and my problem is that i do not get anything on the screen. ive looked at your guide but nothing works. ive tryed it out side the case and every thing, even tested the psu and gfx card in my old rig, and those 2 parts works. ive bought a new psu that should arrive tomorrow, but im not even sure if thats the poblem.

any help whould be nice :)

G

forgot to mention there is no bip aswell, looks like every thing starts but nothing on the screen.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
What kind of monitor are you using...? Connection VGA/DVI/HDMI?

Have you tired installing windows already?

Are you sure the computer is making any fan noise?

G

its a samsung lcd 22" dvi connectet. well i cant install windows when it wont boot. yeah the computer is out of the case atm for testing. and every fan works fine. but no bips or anything at the screen. even tryed with out gfx card and memory in it, still no sound.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
And you are sure you changed the settings to DVI on your monitor?

I would make sure your RAM is stuck on the board nice...double check all the connections again. Even if there is no beep there could be something not connected. Check the DVI connection...i think its male d to male d that you need...

On the graphics card, what pins are you using? 8-pin or 6-pin? Power could be the issue too...because 650W is required for the 4870x2's

G

the monitor looks for it self, if its dvi or vga..

the ram is stuck , cant fit any better, but ive give it a try anyway..

if i remember right there is 2, a 6 pins and a 8, i think im using both. like i did in my old rig.. but yeah, i really hope i works tomorrow when i get the new power supply its a 850 watt crosair. and then i hope it isnt the cpu-mobo-ram ;\

nickhoff

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I take it you have 3 sticks of RAM, and it is tri-channel DDR3, and for the ASUS P6T mobo, there is only a certain position you should insert the ram. If you read your mother board manual you'd know this. I'm guessing your RAM is not in the correct colored slots, which would be DIMM A1, B1, C1.

Most people have the tendancy to put the RAM in the cloest slots next to the CPU. If your RAM is inserted correctly it could be the voltage needs to be changed in your bios, to do this insert a lower frequency RAM, change the settings in BIOS then put in the correct RAM and reboot and you should be golden.