Won't display after overclock is reset

Kylefreestyles

Prominent
May 13, 2017
So I purchased a r5 1600, On the Mau b350m gaming mobo and I was able to get it to 3700, but when I returned it to it's original clock speed to test the speed difference, it now will not boot to bios, just does not display anything at all

Solution

just the pins, you can make one easily though if you have an old case laying around or get 1 of these https://www.quietpc.com/na-front-panel-ss?countryid=gb&gclid=CLW8h5_v7dMCFfgV0wodq9cItA

Connect 1 end to the jumper pins, cut the plug off the other end and solder the wires to a 2 way switch or just leave them bear and touch them together each time you want to clear the cmos.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Do you mean an MSI motherboard ?

If so, is it displaying the CPU and MEM light on togther ?

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

OK, try this, clear the cmos using the jumper on the motherboard, not removing the battery, you can use anything metal to do this, car key, kitchen knife etc, hold it across the 2 pins for approx 20 seconds, then try again.

This seems to be a regular problem when just dialling back down to normal settings, one guy fixed his by removing the CPU, powering on without the CPU, shutting everything down again, re-installing the CPU and it all worked after, another guy had to do the same thing with his ram, and ive also had the same problem, after completely stripping the whole computer down and nearly sending the board back, thought id try 1 last time, cleared the cmos with my car key and it worked fine, not had a problem since.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

it appears to be the way, for some reason, I dont know why, even after clearing the bios, it seems to still remember some sort of configuration data, and removing the CPU powering on, then power down, remove the power cable clear the bios and re-install the CPU seems to work and clear that config data.

Try it with the RAM first though, remove your ram, power on, if you have a speaker connected you will hear some beeps, power down, remove the power cord, clear the bios with the jumper again, re-install your RAM and power on, see if it works.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

just the pins, you can make one easily though if you have an old case laying around or get 1 of these https://www.quietpc.com/na-front-panel-ss?countryid=gb&gclid=CLW8h5_v7dMCFfgV0wodq9cItA

Connect 1 end to the jumper pins, cut the plug off the other end and solder the wires to a 2 way switch or just leave them bear and touch them together each time you want to clear the cmos.

Solution