Won't load explorer nor google chrome

bananacue

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Can someone help me how to restore either explorer or google chrome? Is my last resort is re-installing windows 7? Thanks so much for any assistance

Solution
check taskmgr and see if iexplorer.exe and/or chrome.exe is already running when you're trying to launch them... if so end the processes (iexplorer.exe , chrome.exe) and try to launch them...

If this is the case (or even if this isn't the case) I would scan with malwarebytes or something comparable. If web browsers are running in the background on their own you should do some system scanning/cleaning

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
check taskmgr and see if iexplorer.exe and/or chrome.exe is already running when you're trying to launch them... if so end the processes (iexplorer.exe , chrome.exe) and try to launch them...

If this is the case (or even if this isn't the case) I would scan with malwarebytes or something comparable. If web browsers are running in the background on their own you should do some system scanning/cleaning

Solution

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
You could try firefox. What version of internet explorer do you have? You could download the latest version of IE via windows updates, or else downgrade to an earlier version and see if it has any effect

bananacue

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
not sure what version of explorer. Right now, everything is up to date. Every website that i go to... keeps searching and unable to load. I even ping the google.com and shows significant connections.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Are you able to download malwarebytes?