Won't load windows 10 after installing MSI drivers

Colin_26

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hi, I just finished building my computer and installing windows 10, all was fine until I downloaded some drivers of the MSI website. Now the computer just goes straight to BIOS and can't detect my SSD drive. I have tried switching the sata port and it did nothing. Any ideas how I could solve this issue before I send the SSD back for a refund. My equipment MSI z170a Gaming Pro Carbon, SSD Sandisk Ultra ii 480GB, Intel 6600k. The driver I installed was; On-board VGA by Intel https://eu.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html#down-driver&Win10 64

Thanks

Hey there, Colin_26.

Make sure that you've installed the drivers for the correct version of Windows (e.g. x32bit or x64bit). Try the SSD with a different computer, to see if its recognized so that you can test it with an SSD diagnostic tool and see if there's anything out of the ordinary. You could do that by connecting it either internally via a standard SATA connection, or externally via a SATA to USB adapter, external enclosure, or a docking station.
You should also check if you have any firmware updates available for that SSD model.
Another option is to reset or update the BIOS/UEFI of your mobo, to see if that fixes things up.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Colin_26

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Thanks for the help, I managed to connect the SSD drive to my old PC, it did not appear in My Computer but I did manage to find it in the BIOS. After this I reconnected it to my new computer and it wanted me to install windows 10 again. The data had been wiped of the SSD. So I installed it again but on restarting the computer after this windows 10 was gone again. The drive does show up in the BIOS but now I get the error saying ' ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu'. I've looked for the setting but can't find it. So now I have tried to reset the BIOS but I don't have a CMOS jumper and all I could do was remove the battery. Still not working, same error message.

TRENDING THREADS