Question Word 2003 keeps changing the language ?

KIHA

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Hello,

I can't stop Word 2003 from changing language. I disabled "Detect language automatically" in Tools > Language > Set language and "Auto-keyboard switching" in Tools > Options > Edit tab. I have also changed the language of the default, or "Normal", style, and I have also made a new style with the language I want, yet after all that, Word still keeps changing language to whatever my current keyboard layout is.

For more context, I'm using "Serbian (Cyrillic, Serbia)" keyboard layout, and in Word 2003 "Serbian (Cyrillic, Serbia)" language's dictionary is empty, and I want to use Word's language under the name "serbian (cyrillic)" for spell checking, but whenever I set the language to "serbian (cyrillic)", nothing happens, in fact, no matter what language I try to set manually nothing ever changes, the language always stays as the current keyboard layout.

The only workaround for spellchecing I have found is to just type out the whole document, select all text and then set the language. This doesn't work for further editing because language changes automatically for new text as soon as I start typing.

Could I be missing a certain setting? Or is there something in Windows that's messing with Word, because I've seen people around the internet have this issue with newer versions of Word.

I'm using Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts