word 2007 recent documents tab

I am using word in office home and student 2007. i have no intention of using office 365 because i understand you cant buy it outright and even if i am wrong about this i only use word in the package i got anyway so i cant see the point of buying a later version.

This is my problem , in word/option/display/ their is a tab to set the number of items shown in the recent documents list.

I recently noticed that word is not showing ANY recent documents in a list but i dont know why. Just as an experiment i reduced the number to save option but this did not make any difference.

i dont remember this problem happening when i used the same software on other operating systems, sometimes an entry goes into the list but only stays their a few days , by the way i am still in my user licence quota.

Why has word stopped showing me a list of recent documents.

that list is called an MRU... There are cleanup utilities, like CCleaner, that delete those lists. Are any cleanup utilities on your system? Check the setting about MRU's.

Also, you can run a repair install of MS Office. It will fix most issues with Office. Run it from the "Programs and Features" part of the control panel (assuming Windows 8/10) It goes through and cleans up the installation resetting stuff to default and replacing background files.

Did either help?

I think you hit the nail on the head !!! I use CCleaner all the time , just looked and guess what , under the windows explorer list their is a tick in recent documents oooops , by the way I had already run the office fixer so now I know why it did not find a problem , big thanks go pour yourself a rewarding drink.

TRENDING THREADS