word 97 forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

peubanks

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Created a table in word 97, save it and when I opened it all thed text was displayed in a vertical format with no table. How can I save it to a table format?

Solution
How did you originally save the table: i.e., what format did you use?

The software needs to know how to separate the data into rows and columns.

Various characters can be used to provide those delimiters.

If you created the original table by visually using tabs, spaces, etc. the computer may not be recognizing the tabs as separators/delimiters.

Or if there are tabs, commas, spaces etc. within the data itself that will also throw off the visuall presentation when file is reloaded.

Google "How to create a table in Word 97" and review your process for creating and saving the table.

There are quite a number of relevant links online.

Just use a simple table to test and find the correct method fitting your data and presentation...

Ralston18

Titan
How did you originally save the table: i.e., what format did you use?

The software needs to know how to separate the data into rows and columns.

Various characters can be used to provide those delimiters.

If you created the original table by visually using tabs, spaces, etc. the computer may not be recognizing the tabs as separators/delimiters.

Or if there are tabs, commas, spaces etc. within the data itself that will also throw off the visuall presentation when file is reloaded.

Google "How to create a table in Word 97" and review your process for creating and saving the table.

There are quite a number of relevant links online.

Just use a simple table to test and find the correct method fitting your data and presentation requirements.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.