Question Word document version issue

RickVS

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I have a 2021 Office Word document that I continually work on. Over the last week I've made many updates and save it every day. Last night I rebooted my Windows 10 PC to install an update. I came into my office this morning and opened the doc in Word from the recent files list. I got a message about restore or some such thing which I clicked through because 1) I know I saved the most recent version yesterday and 2) whatever the settings I assumed it would default to NOT DELETING MY DATA. Anyway, when it opened the document it had restored the doc from over a week ago. Not from any of my recent saves, but from a week ago meaning I lost all of my changes. This after I had saved the doc before rebooting my computer. WTH? Can someone please explain to me what the heck happened and how do I prevent it from happening again. Thanks.

RickVS

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
Yes, actually all of my files are backed up every day. I just didn't think about that. And yes, reading messages are good. My real question is why did I get the message to begin with? I had saved the file before rebooting so I don't know why it even appeared. Thanks.

Latest posts