Word XP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
Hi

i find that when i have an office doc [eg a word file open] and i want to either "save as" or "print", the first time i select either of these 2 options the document becomes unselected but the header flashes alternately in the "active doc" and "inactive" doc and likewise the taskbar for it flashes orange. i have to click on the orange-flashing taskbar entry to minise the document and then i see either the printing options or else the "save as" options which i can use normally. i then obviously have to click on the minimised taskbar title to bring the doc back up.

it doesnt matter which i select first: "save as" or "print" - this problem always happens; but from then on everything works fine and i can select anything at will and it works like it should.

can anyone suggest what setting may have been inadvertently set to cause this and how do i correct it.

many thanks

<b>my cpu runs so hot I dont need central heating in my house!</b>

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
a weird bug i guess? do you have the legit copy of office? if you do, send microsoft an email, if not, dont complain.

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
maybe uninstalling and reinstalling office might help, or ultimatey if its really annoying, a reformat.

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
apologies for the double post [i have just noticed].

actually i think i said in my post that i had tried both reinstalling and had even reformatted for a different reason and that didnt help.
As it is i found out what the problem is - i suspected that it might have been related to the NAV Office plug-in and when i disabled it the problem disappeared.

The legitimacy of my copy not withstanding [;-)] i found confirmation on the MS database as well that this is a known issue.

<b>my cpu runs so hot I dont need central heating in my house!</b>

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
err. well yea... it was nice helpin ya :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.