Question Work Computer and Gaming Desktop switch between displays?

Jul 1, 2021
Hello all! I recently got a new job and they sent me a new laptop, 2 monitors, and a laptop docking station. I already have a custom built computer and I'd like to know if there's an easy way to switch inputs from my personal computer to my work computer. I'm okay having 2 keyboards, I just want to be able to game or edit photos on my personal computer.

Work Computer Specs:
  1. Dell XPS i7 Laptop
  2. Dell WD19 180W Docking Station (2 Display Ports, 1 HDMI)
  3. 2 Dell P2419H 24 Inch Monitors
PC Graphics Card:
  1. MSI | R7770-PMD1GD5 HD7770 with HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort
I have read about KVM's and splitters and other things but I simply don't know enough about this stuff and wanted to turn to this forum. Is there a good way that anyone would go about switching inputs on the monitors?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello all! I recently got a new job and they sent me a new laptop, 2 monitors, and a laptop docking station. I already have a custom built computer and I'd like to know if there's an easy way to switch inputs from my personal computer to my work computer. I'm okay having 2 keyboards, I just want to be able to game or edit photos on my personal computer.

Work Computer Specs:
  1. Dell XPS i7 Laptop
  2. Dell WD19 180W Docking Station (2 Display Ports, 1 HDMI)
  3. 2 Dell P2419H 24 Inch Monitors
PC Graphics Card:
  1. MSI | R7770-PMD1GD5 HD7770 with HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort
I have read about KVM's and splitters and other things but I simply don't know enough about this stuff and wanted to turn to this forum. Is there a good way that anyone would go about switching inputs on the monitors?

Any help would be appreciated!
Do you mean you want to use monitor(s) with your personal PC too ?
Most modern monitors have 2 or more a bit different inputs and have an option to switch (thru OSD) between them.