Working Apple II Computer Sold For $6,100 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hold on to your 1st gen iPads, people. Put it in storage in a plastic bag for 34 years then auction it off. Some moron is guaranteed to buy it.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]That's right, Apple fans. Wozniak, not Jobs. Ever heard of the former? Jobs was just a businessman.[/citation]The Sheeple think you're lying. The very few Apple enthusiasts who have half a brain already knew this.

Inb4 is applefag
Inb4 can't inb4

Can't wait for ICS on my DX ~_~

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Using a CPI calculator $1,298 in todays money comes to $4,859.77. A stock standard 12 Core Mac Pro will set u back $$4.999.00. So $1,298 in 1977 for the best Mac money could buy....bargain lol

G

No worries. That was from a NPB (if you don't know what that means, google it) so it was just for fun. The seller will have to relist it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]I gave a thumbs up. This will NEVER get old![/citation]
Actually, it does get old and adds no value, whatsoever, to any discussion.

Regarding the topic of this thread, collectors value things well beyond any meaningful value except to collectors. Good for both the seller and the buyer.

Of note, personally, I taught high school computer science classes with these and old Tandy TRS-80s (I was a student how had the "knack" and picked up the BASIC class very quickly). Good to see some history like this from time to time.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I can understand why it reaches that price. Some people like to collect old technology and they will pay up pretty hefty prices for hardware. Google cpu collection just to get an idea.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I first learned BASIC programming on one of these. For all the anti-apple comments being made, did any of you realize that, at one time, this was the only home computer available at any cost? It brings back a lot of memories. Anyone remember the original Wizardry game? Yeah, played it on this bad boy.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
The original Apple goes for WAY over $6100. They start at around $50,000 and only if they're in completely crappy condition.

It's strange that all the kiddies that hate Apple and compare Jobs to the Devil never mention that the first Apple was priced at $666. That's no joke.

The TRS-80 was the first fully functional micro-computer released.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I bought my first computer for $1200 in 1981, TRS-80 Color Computer with a massive 32KB RAM and a C90 Cassette tape drive for loading/storing my programs. I was age 16. By age 18 I pioneered computer science classes in High School and had articles published in Hot CoCo magazine. By age 20 while working my way thru university and holding down a part time accounting job, I had released 3 fully functional games for free.

And what do I see at Tom's, a bunch of silver spooners full of broken facts, mis-information, and a fanatical attactment to whatever it is they bought because ONLY what they bought must be the best.

It's sad to see so many people with so little understanding of how Apple evolved and how Microsoft evolved and how Japanese companies evolved ... just endless Fanboys with no respect for anything that isn't free.

So much hate and so little justification.

Is this really the "readership" you want Tom's?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]The TRS-80 was the first fully functional micro-computer released.[/citation]

According to wikipedia, the TRS-80 was released 2-3 months after the Apple II.

btw: ta152h as in the late WW2 German fighter plane?

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]According to wikipedia, the TRS-80 was released 2-3 months after the Apple II.btw: ta152h as in the late WW2 German fighter plane?[/citation]

Kurt Tank's best design was the FW187. Love the 152 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.