Working Ubuntu 13.04 Release Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

katalystgames

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I agree with jerm1027. Ubuntu is almost always right on time because of a well practiced release cycle. By the way, there is a little typo in the article... 12.10 is being released this October not "12.01" ;)

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
hydac7, Ubuntu is Linux. Linux means freedom. You have the right to use whatever DE you want on Ubuntu. Just because it wasn't tailored to your specific needs doesn't mean it is bad. I personally have GNOME classic, GNOME Shell and Unity installed and use them all fine on 12.04.

I'm looking forward to 12.10, but I'm loving 12.04 right now.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Using 12.04.1 and Unity UI for more than a month now and it works quite well for me. May try out 12.10 and 13.04 when they are released, but will still retain 12.04 as its EOL is 2017.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
i have been using the 12.10 beta
and i like it.. Unity gets alot of crap, but i think its cus its different not cus its bad.
i have been using unity to get to amazon, i figured that ubuntu deserves a few bucks

M$FT, dont need you anymore, you WHORE

nickchalk

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
some kind of DX emulation and i'm jumping over there full time.
they have everything else i'm using in daily basis except directx support to play games, wine is not working in most games and there are few from those that work, that you can play without problems.
i had trouble playing games rated platinum in wine's appdatabase, mostly with sound and textures.
the os itself is different but in the end no one was born knowing how windows works, most people if not all who know how to use a computer will need less than two weeks to to feel comfortable using ubuntu.

katalystgames

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
[citation][nom]nickchalk[/nom]some kind of DX emulation and i'm jumping over there full time.they have everything else i'm using in daily basis except directx support to play games, wine is not working in most games and there are few from those that work, that you can play without problems.i had trouble playing games rated platinum in wine's appdatabase, mostly with sound and textures.the os itself is different but in the end no one was born knowing how windows works, most people if not all who know how to use a computer will need less than two weeks to to feel comfortable using ubuntu.[/citation]

Hey nickchalk, have you tried using the "PlayOnLinux" client in the software center in Ubuntu to automatically configure your wine for windows games? I have been hearing good things about it. I could also imagine that game titles will start pushing more into OpenGL once Valve/Steam start their official linux support, making it more likely that games support both DX and OpenGL and enabling Linux users a piece of the gaming pie *yum*.

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
really rough... Ridiculous rodent... real Ratchet..., ramjet ratchet..., ramjet rodent... rank rodent...rodent ratchet.., ridiculous ratchet!...route ratchet..

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I know most of the people commenting are pro-Unity (because those who aren't get down voted) But I find it very cumbersome & anti-productive.

technoholic

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
i suggest everyone to try gnome 3.4 with ubuntu 12.04. Although, beware of the newer gnome versions cause they can and will pretty much screw your system. At least until Quantal arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.