AndreRVieira

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Hi guys.
I'm building a new workstation for Ae, Cinema 4D, X-Particle, Redshift and a bit of Houdini.

I'm a PC building noob but after checking a bunch of related builds, this is what I had in mind:
(I don't plan to overclock, and I might add a 2080 ti next year when the prices drop)

CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x

Graphics Card
MSI Rtx 2080 Super Gaming X Trio

Motherboard
ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory
32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 (2x16gb)

Storage
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb (For OS and software)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb (For work)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb (For cache)
Seagate Barracuda 4TB (General Storage)

Cooler
Noctua NH-D15
or Noctua NH-D15s if the D15 doesn't fit ?

PSU
Corsair RM850x

Case
Fractal Design Refine R6

OS
Windows 10 Home

On my local store current prices this build costs 2800€

Please let me know where I'm being dumb. :)

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Get a 280mm or 360mm AIO for that build. Also, might want to look at higher clocked ram or a higher capacity of ram from the get go, like 64GB's. Can you elaborate what you mean by for work and for cache in your SSD's breakdown? I think you can work with a dual SSD setup, one for OS and app's, the other for work/cache/scratch disk space.

You could also look at building a more compact system if you're not going to populate the other PCIe slots on the board.

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?

AndreRVieira

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Get a 280mm or 360mm AIO for that build. Also, might want to look at higher clocked ram or a higher capacity of ram from the get go, like 64GB's. Can you elaborate what you mean by for work and for cache in your SSD's breakdown? I think you can work with a dual SSD setup, one for OS and app's, the other for work/cache/scratch disk space.

You could also look at building a more compact system if you're not going to populate the other PCIe slots on the board.

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Hi! Thanks Lutfij!!
What AIO do you recommend?
The storage breakdown comes from here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7zI7MYSY_0

Supposedly having the OS, Project Files and Cache in 3 separate drives gives better performance on Premiere / AE...

I'm located in Portugal and I'm going to buy on local store. And I'm trying to get under 3000€.