Question Workstation causing modem/router to lose network connection ?

May 30, 2021
Whenever my girlfriend uses her workstation from her work, it causes the home network to completely lose network connection. Looking to see if anyone else has seen this issue or knows of any things I can try to prevent this. We both use workstations from work that utilize Cisco Anyconnect VPN client but work for two different organizations. When she connects to her VPN client it terminates the home network connection and we have to either wait for a couple of minutes or power cycle the modem to get it back. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

kanewolf

Titan
Whenever my girlfriend uses her workstation from her work, it causes the home network to completely lose network connection. Looking to see if anyone else has seen this issue or knows of any things I can try to prevent this. We both use workstations from work that utilize Cisco Anyconnect VPN client but work for two different organizations. When she connects to her VPN client it terminates the home network connection and we have to either wait for a couple of minutes or power cycle the modem to get it back. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.
This sounds like a question for her employer's tech support. They may have run into this situation with other employees.