Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys, i'm looking forward to building a workstation PC, so I can work from home. I mainly use planification softwares that need a good graphic card and I need to use an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X processor.

-AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
-Motherboard
-750 Power Source
-32 GB RAM
-Graphics Card
-SSD NvMe 480 gb
-HDD 2 gb
-Cooler master fan

Is it a good build? And is there a motherboard and graphics card that you can recommend me to pair with the processor?

Solution
Why a 3800x, do you already own one? A 3700x could work just as well, it's only marginally slower.
What psu model? Psu quality can cary greatly and wattage isn't an indication of quality.
What speed and latency is the ram? Ryzen like fast ram, 3200Mhz cl16 at a minimum.
480gb ssd's are usually dram-less, if you're transferring files a lot, it'll slow down real fast.
"planification softwares" means nothing, give an example of a software, otherwise no one will know what gpu is appropriate.
Any x570 or b550 board will work with a 3800x/3700x. If you ever plan on upgrading to a 3900x or 3950x, you'll want to spend a bit more on something like a msi b550 tomahawk.
Why a 3800x, do you already own one? A 3700x could work just as well, it's only marginally slower.
What psu model? Psu quality can cary greatly and wattage isn't an indication of quality.
What speed and latency is the ram? Ryzen like fast ram, 3200Mhz cl16 at a minimum.
480gb ssd's are usually dram-less, if you're transferring files a lot, it'll slow down real fast.
"planification softwares" means nothing, give an example of a software, otherwise no one will know what gpu is appropriate.
Any x570 or b550 board will work with a 3800x/3700x. If you ever plan on upgrading to a 3900x or 3950x, you'll want to spend a bit more on something like a msi b550 tomahawk.

Solution
Jul 4, 2020
I'm a dentist and I work with softwares like Romexis, Nemostudio and Carestream 3D, mainly to visualize radiologic exams like a computed tomography. The software also lets you renderize the bone of the maxillofacial area of the patient, make 2D or 3D measures, measure angles, segment maxilla and mandible, etc... You can also plan surgeries and design surgical guides for implantology.

I'm a dentist and I work with softwares like Romexis, Nemostudio and Carestream 3D, mainly to visualize radiologic exams like a computed tomography. The software also lets you renderize the bone of the maxillofacial area of the patient, make 2D or 3D measures, measure angles, segment maxilla and mandible, etc... You can also plan surgeries and design surgical guides for implantology.
Alright, all those softwares lean on nvidia rather then amd. They don't specify much on the type of gpu but romexis did have the gtx 1070 as an example in planmeca emerald. So a 1660S(slightly slower then 1070) or higher would be suitable. Though I'd personally look at a rtx2060 or higher.

Psu: I was interested in an EVGA 750, bronze certification.
You were looking at the 750bq then I think. It's a decent budget unit, but certainly not something I would use for a workstation. I'd look at the Fractal design ion+, thermaltake gf1, corsair RM or RMx, Seasonic focus plus or gx/gm. Here's a list you can cross check from, b or higher.

Jul 4, 2020
Alright, all those softwares lean on nvidia rather then amd. They don't specify much on the type of gpu but romexis did have the gtx 1070 as an example in planmeca emerald. So a 1660S(slightly slower then 1070) or higher would be suitable. Though I'd personally look at a rtx2060 or higher.

You were looking at the 750bq then I think. It's a decent budget unit, but certainly not something I would use for a workstation. I'd look at the Fractal design ion+, thermaltake gf1, corsair RM or RMx, Seasonic focus plus or gx/gm. Here's a list you can cross check from, b or higher.

Thank you very much for your information!