World of StarCraft Modder Gets Job Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
That looks like so much fun. and I'm thinking since it's SC but like WoW you could have a persistant universe or planet with players of all 3 races working together with fellow players of that race to conquer the entire game world. Personally seems like an amazing mod and I might not play WoW but I could DEFINITELY see myself playing this it looks awesome even at this stage of development.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
2231663661_17cde60ca9.jpg

...ya think!

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]khimera2000[/nom]0.o so there isss a starcraft MMO in the works![/citation]
Not necessarily.

Rather, Blizzard is just calling dibs on the name, regardless of whether a World of Starcraft game ever comes to fruition.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
This does point to an office World of StarCraft release. IP law is pretty big on use it or lose it (that's how the term "netbook" became generic even though a company had a trademark on it. They weren't using it, so the courts took it away. Very basic explanation). Even though they hold the TM on StarCraft, they don't appear to care about it being used. They only cared about World of StarCraft specifically.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Pretty talented individual, no wonder Riot Games contacted him. I wouldn't be surprised if a few others did too (Or why Blizzard didn't talk with him themselves? If he's that talented and loves Blizzard that much, maybe he should apply there?)

ArmageddonRising

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
I would appreciate if an admin fixed the little typo in the article. The author is saying that Activision asked to have the videos removed, when it was blizzard. Don't know what he was thinking.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]armageddonrising[/nom]I would appreciate if an admin fixed the little typo in the article. The author is saying that Activision asked to have the videos removed, when it was blizzard. Don't know what he was thinking.[/citation]

Activision owns Blizzard...

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I LoL at anyone who takes League of Legends seriously.
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]Activision owns Blizzard...[/citation]
Rather unfortunately. Not a single of the original devs form Diablo are working on Diablo 3, assuming I remember correctly.

Wonderful modding skills, I wish the best of luck to them.

Specter0420

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
This is great to here, I know Ryan and he is a great guy. He is a marine and has done his duty serving his country that way and if he is successful with this project he will be serving this country in another great way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS