World of Warcraft Expansion Warlords of Draenor Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
When is this god awful waste of life going to die already. You can only suck so much many from people for so long before its all garbage. Make a new game, give people something new to play.

bobiseverywhere

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
I really don't feel with what is described that it will improve the WoW experience that much. Blizzard really needs to move on from WoW. This older style of MMO is a thing of the past and really with different combat systems now seen in other MMO's plus better graphics to keep your eye's intrigued at what they are looking at i find that WoW is really at a loss here. I have really enjoyed WoW in the past but find it quite lacking since Cataclysm was released just nothing new in progression through the game and then end content is more gimmicky now then anything. Not really offering any sort of gaming experience or challenge.

carnage9270

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I'm not sure why so many people have the opinion that Blizzard should move on or the game is crap. I don't care how many subscribers they have lost, when you are 7 million strong....the formula is working. When it stops making money I'm sure they will "move on". Until then, there is nothing to criticize, just great marketing imo. I'm not an MMO'er and never really understood the pay to play market picking up like it did. But like I said, if the formula works, there's nothing to criticize. If the content of the game wasn't up to par, people wouldn't pay for it.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I haven't played WoW in years. My how the graphics are terrible to me now. If they would only release like an upgraded graphics pack that would make more interested. I am however, looking forward to the WoW movie coming out in like 2015 ...long...long wait.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
In vanilla WoW making 60 was a big deal. It took time and skill, and although getting a raid together was tough, there was a higher quality of player at the top which made the conquests rewarding. I met many good people playing back then. Those who purchased a lvl 60 from ebay or wherever stood out like a sore thumb. With instant lvl 90 the people who worked to get to 100 will be vastly outnumbered and the game will crumble. It will be newb heaven. No thanks.

excursion

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
people tend to forget wow use to be 10.5 million strong now its 7 million strong i bet in another report down the road will show 6 million so tell me how do i agree with a declining subscription base that loses that much that fast?

dgingeri

Distinguished
"This older style of MMO is a thing of the past and really with different combat systems now seen in other MMO's"

I wholeheartedly disagree. I hate the way newer MMOs work. I hate that interface. I've played Neverwinter. Fewer skills, fewer options, not enough time to make decent decisions. It just sucks. I like WoW's interface far, far better. It could use some improvements, sure, but the general idea behind it is far easier to work, so the player can concentrate on the game and the story. They just need to change the game so that it takes some brain power to actually play again. lazy morons have no place playing games. They should be working on learning how to think before they have a chance to play. MoP made the game too easy to play DPS, while harder to play a tank or healer. These days, stupid dps is the big threat to the game.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
"So that everyone can play the expansion out of the box, Warlords of Draenor will allow any character to instantly jump to level 90, including newbies."

I tried the trial again--haven't played Wow basically since Burning Crusade--and I'm amazed at how much worse the game is. I enjoyed playing through the game, leveling up because of all the activities and training and looting etc. Now everything is so automatic that OF COURSE nobody enjoys leveling up anymore.

Time to go back to your roots--weapon skill rating, training and not automatically learning new spells, actually earning that level 60/70/80/85/90 cap. But now newbies can start at level 90? What are they going to do for a year, no, 6 months, even 3 months with a character that is already leveled up? Are you wanting to lose your entire subscription base?

mstngs351

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
If they'd cut the monthly subscription costs by 30% or so then I'd definitely go back. I just don't play enough/have played too much to justify the current costs.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

WoW peaked at 12M subscriptions....and yes the subscriptions will keep dropping over time.

G

Most of WoW's subscribers are gold farmers. When WoW was banned in China their subscriptions dropped by half.

G

Most of WoW's subscribers are gold farmers. When WoW was banned in China their subscriptions dropped by half.

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
"If they'd cut the monthly subscription costs by 30% or so then I'd definitely go back. I just don't play enough/have played too much to justify the current costs."

I agree I just did not play enough to justify the monthly fee. If they cut the price down a little I might go back for shits a giggles.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
If you don't like it, then don't play it.
Personally, the personal realm in the game sounds like alot of fun.
I might actually play it after having not played this since before MoP...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
LOL@the guy who said it took skill to get to 60 in vanilla. Leveling was never hard in WoW. That's was one of the things that made it a huge hit, it took time (very short amount of time compared to others) that was it.

WoW still has 7+ million active subscribers compared to other crappy mmo's with better graphics. They must still be doing something right. Of course subs are gonna keep dropping it's not a brand new game any more. This is completely natural for a game, for them to have held on to so many for so long says enough.

As far as the instant 90 they will still have to level which they can start to learn their class. But that is actually irrelevant because baddies will still baddies and others that want to be good will take the time to learn their class. This changes nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.