World Of Warcraft's 'Legion' Expansion Arrives August 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Hey Blizzard, give us Vanilla servers. We don't want to play current WoW since you have butchered it so much so as to bear no resemblance to original WoW.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
You either love WoW or Hate WoW, I love WoW, I have been playing since original beta , I was recently invited to Legion alpha, I love everything about it so far, I just added another WoW account to my battle.net account so I can move some of my toons over and make room on my main account for the new class Demon Hunter. so all you hater can now down vote now.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
I miss WoW. Spent years raiding and PvPing...I don't know..the game has to progress or it gets stale, but its so far from what it was, I barely recognize it. If you want PvP, go play Planetside 2, its free and amazing.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
However, if you don’t want to put in the time before launch, you can receive an immediate level boost to 100 if you pre-order the expansion.

What? I've never played WoW, but I did play EQ. Wouldn't jumping a significant number of levels without play put you at a severe disadvantage? Do you not have to research new skills or grind for new equipment? Wouldn't running around as a lvl 100 with your lvl 90 equipment and skills be pretty much worthless? Or do skills just come with lvl, and no-drop isn't a concept in this game?

InvalidError

Titan
I played WoW from late-BC to Cataclysm. The most fun I had along the way was the first three months of Cataclysm. I really liked the first weeks of doing Heroic dungeons where everything was new to everyone and it was mainly hardcore players in there not afraid of spending hours hammering heroics before the first nerf patches and quitters/crybabies flood in LFG. It felt almost like doing 5-man raids. Being early with decent gear also made getting spots in decent guilds much easier with many of them having progression on hold until after New Year.

I quit playing shortly after the guild I was in imploded due to the GL repeatedly borrowing players from the two 10-man hardcore groups for the main 25-man team progression. I took a few months break after that and when I got a reminder of how brutal re-gearing and getting raid invites could be when you come back from a break was, I decided that I was done with WoW.

One of my friends wanted to hire someone to level his characters through MoP and I volunteered for the job to have a look. I did not like it anywhere near as much as Cataclysm. Jumping in mid-expansion where most other people already know everything did not help that impression either.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
However, if you don’t want to put in the time before launch, you can receive an immediate level boost to 100 if you pre-order the expansion.

What? I've never played WoW, but I did play EQ. Wouldn't jumping a significant number of levels without play put you at a severe disadvantage? Do you not have to research new skills or grind for new equipment? Wouldn't running around as a lvl 100 with your lvl 90 equipment and skills be pretty much worthless? Or do skills just come with lvl, and no-drop isn't a concept in this game?

Skills come with levels, you also get equivalent gear if I recall. I think it also implies that you have a few other characters high level so you understand class mechanics.

But it's been a really long time since I've played, Wrath in fact.

Arthalon

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I have an active subscription in the official server as from time to time I enter, level up, do some PVP, rage about the shitty game and unsub... and go back to the process.

The words on the street nowadays are "Nostarius" and I said, ok, fuck this, lets try Vanilla servers. So logged into one that looked pretty good and... HOLY SHIT !! THAT IS WoW !! That feeling of levelling up as a challenge in the HUGE world... amazing feeling just from getting to 1 to 10 (and now... talents ! Woohoo !). Leveling up in actual WoW is one of the less rewarding and shittiest things I have ever done. Running OOM against a fucking wolf in lvl 6 is something I didn't see in a looooong time (and got spirit stat back ! Yes ! XD)

BC was great, WoTLK was good (but the LFG ruined the game), Catas first months before the massive nefs were amazing. Pandaria is just beautiful and WoD is a big piece of crap. Lets see Legion. I'll probably buy it, hate it, and go back to my Vanilla servers.

Blizzard, admit it, your game just sucks now, so put Vanilla, BC and Wrath servers so I can pay you my 13 bucks per month to play an official vanilla or BC. End your game with Legion and do what your real fans are asking to you. I'm sure that 1 million subs would gladly pay again to revive the awesome game they played long time ago. And it would feel like a reset, everybody starting from scratch, although we know the mechanics, the stats and the classes ! Holy shit, that's my dream !

Status
Not open for further replies.