World's First Portable Blu-ray Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindonor75

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I have started buying blu-ray discs instead of Dvds. So while portable hi def would be nice, this would at least allow me to use them on the go.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
What a joke. HD means 720p + rez. This is like a Black and White "Color" TV! Look mom, I just paid $600+ to watch Full HD movies in less that HD , hurray!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Yeah brain, most people with large collections might consider this, and at least you can use it as a standalone. That said, I wonder how much it will cost. Might be a good choice for a BD player.

G

@Trialsking

you don't quite get it. true, it doesn't have a 720p+ screen, but why would you even want that on a tiny portable anyway? The point is this: you can put a bluray dvd in there. I *only* have certain movies in blu-ray, so if i had this player, i could watch those on the road or whatever. Also, realize that it is a fully fledged blu-ray player with an hdmi out. Think of it as a regular player, only it has a built-in display. You can plug it into your 50 tv as a regular player, and also take it camping with you.

bobwya

May 21, 2005
Yeh just got my sis a reconditioned Acer 8920G laptop for 550GBP... Now that is a real 1080p "Blu-Ray" player (once Windows XP x64 is installed of course).

This "thing" looks like a digital photoframe and less than 720p - hmm nice. Why do THG bother I wonder...

Bob

bigbeej

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
You guys are forgetting that one of the best things about making the BD player portable is the ability to watch your Blue Ray Movies away from the house. I know many people who would like to blue ray movies but end up buying standard DVDs because their kids can't watch them on the road, or they want to be able to take their movies with them when they travel. Even the ability to watch them at 720p resolution is better than not being able to watch them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.